• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Roots Dyed Dark - Low Tech Blackwater (updated 08-04-14)

Oh No!
That's a real conundrum. how about filling the filter up with floss overnight and binning it in t' morning?

That's a great idea Darren but I don't have any floss. They will all be dying now, so my plan was to do a water change tomorrow and syphon out as many out as I can. I think I'll just have to repeat this over the next couple of days and clean the filter out.

I'm a bit peed off to say the least.

Hopefully all will be good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At least there's no shortage of food in the tank for them ;)
Defo syphon as much as possible and do daily ten or 20 percent water changes and youll need to give the filter a good clean through too as itll be full of them now.

Yea I think that's gonna be the plan mate. I'll do that for the rest of the week.

The moral of the story; never trust anyone to feed your fish. This is a golden rule. I took a chance and got burnt. :(

Yea I think that's gonna be the plan mate. I'll do that for the rest of the week.

The moral of the story; never trust anyone to feed your fish. This is a golden rule. I took a chance and got burnt. :(

Partly the reason I prefer banana worms. They stay alive for quite a while in the tank so dont foul the water as quickly. My paros go mental for them. Ive actually gotten them to come very near to the surface now for frozen mini bloodworm too. Took ages before theyd eat it.

Yea I'm using banana worms too but I don't like to feed them too often. There supposed to be very fatty. The Paros love the brine shrimp too, they were going mad when I got home tonight. I seen some colour for the first time tonight, which was cool. :) I just have to clean the mess up now :(

Yea I'm using banana worms too but I don't like to feed them too often. There supposed to be very fatty. The Paros love the brine shrimp too, they were going mad when I got home tonight. I seen some colour for the first time tonight, which was cool. :) I just have to clean the mess up now :(

I sprinkle various different bits of food in with the banana worms tubs. Currently using fine spirulana granules and everything in the tank seems to go nuts for them.

This is a bummer.... At least you caught it in time. I went on holiday for 7 days, measured out 7 days of food and a friend still managed to over feed. After 3 days they told me that there child had emptied all the remaining portions into the tank :(

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

This is a bummer.... At least you caught it in time. I went on holiday for 7 days, measured out 7 days of food and a friend still managed to over feed. After 3 days they told me that there child had emptied all the remaining portions into the tank :(

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

I know mate, it's not great. I'll never let it happen again. Obviously she didn't know what problems can occur by over feeding. The fish were happy though. The Paros were showing some loverly colours which was nice to see.

They're starting to colour up nicely :)

8anejyje.jpg

Attachments

• 8anejyje.jpg
    8anejyje.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 102
lee, when will you know for certain which species you have?

lee, when will you know for certain which species you have?

Hi Darren! I'm almost positive that they are p. filamentosus, however i won't know for sure until they mature, and start showing full colour. The good thing about p. filamentosus is that they have a specific combination characteristics that are not shared with other parosphromenus. I'm no expert though, so when they get a little older i'll post some pictures on the paro project forum, some of the experts on there should have no problem telling me exactly what i have.

Back