• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Remanso . . .

How is it going no losses anymore?

No mate, since I moved the Amano's out into the sump I had no more losses. I've since replaced the stock with 10x Marginatus and 50x Brigittae and they seem to be thriving since being added.

I also added 8x Dario Dario, but literally haven't seen a single one of them since being added, too many hiding places I think! 😂

Also got some new food the other day from TA Aquaculture as I needed to order some fresh brine shrimp eggs, so tried some of their soft pellet feed:

1700211211130.png

I tried some last night, and the whole tank went crazy - I've never seen anything like it. The fish went mad for it, but even the shrimp descended on-masse to the substrate to grab some I've never seen so many out at the same time, some shrimp even swam up to the top of the tank to grab bits floating on the surface.

Hi all,
Also got some new food the other day from TA Aquaculture as I needed to order some fresh brine shrimp eggs, so tried some of their soft pellet feed: ... and the whole tank went crazy - I've never seen anything like it. The fish went mad for it, but even the shrimp descended on-masse to the substrate to grab some.......
Next time <"I buy some "dry" food"> I'm going to try that one.

cheers Darrel

Last edited:
My fish love the stuff too. The freeze dried black worms still create the craziest response but they’re probably too large for your fish.

My fish love the stuff too. The freeze dried black worms still create the craziest response but they’re probably too large for your fish.

Yeah, I bought a pack of the freeze dried blackworm 'Bio Cubes' - they loved one of those too when I pressed it onto the glass. The Gourami's savaged it, and all the other fish sat down stream picking off all the other fits as they fell off.

I completely missed further down on that page that they do some freeze dried brine shrimp cubes too, so I'll have to get some of those next time to try.

This setup is the most stunning, beautiful and well-thought-out build I've ever seen... :cool:

Amazing!!! 💪

No mate, since I moved the Amano's out into the sump I had no more losses. I've since replaced the stock with 10x Marginatus and 50x Brigittae and they seem to be thriving since being added.

Aah bummer that you can't have amanos anymore they are such funny shrimp and a bit better to study since they are a bit bigger in size then regular neos. At least you fish stay alive and marginatus are my favorite nano fish, they have such explosive personality. Mine love the emersed section of the tank there is a part with a half inch water above it they use it as a sleeping place or just a place to get away from all the activity.

That food looks good to me also going to look if I can find it here in the NL.

Back