• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tamekascaping

Hi everyone!

I'm planning on purchasing a Juwel Lido 200 next week.

It will be the first time I've used CO2 and tried to aquascape.

Any tips for a beginner? My dad and I have always kept aquariums but this CO2 introduction has made me nervous! If anyone knows a decent place to purchase gas refills in London, it would be much appreciated!

Also, I'd like to create something similar to this: http://showcase.aquatic-gardeners.org/2016/show45.html
show45.html
Does anyone know the best way to make wood appear taller? I was planning on propping wood on top of substrate but I doubt that will be a secure method? Looks like the wood is on top of rocks but I'm not sure!

I live in london i buy my co2 fire extinguisher in bulk . I get them from gumtree or ebay for a tenner each but then i buy 4 at a time. My FE lasts for 6 months in a 160l aquarium , buy a regulator from co2 art and an external diffuser once you get those people in this forum will help you set up the rest.

And to make wood appear taller best thing to do is to go to your nearest aquarium shop that sells wood choose the wood you want i would go for redmoor wood cut it into pieces and glue them with super glue or use zip ties. redmoor seems to float when its new so i would put stones to hold it down.

Thank you! I was looking at London Beer Gas Company but it's £70 for a 3.5kg bottle!

Back