• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My 90x90x40 cube

RynoParsons

okay so this is my tank been running for 2 months.
mix of flourite red and dark
8x39w t5's (3x6500k and 5x8000k)
plants= HC, spikey moss , fissidensfontanus, java fern, blyxa japonica, blyxa aubertii, staurogyne repens, H. pinnatifida, amania gracilis and rotala colourate,
Fish= harlequin rosbaras x30, cherry barbs x6 and a few white clouds and saimes algae eaters,

DSCF2393_zps849fd315.jpg

IMG_2822_zpsc71f0d50.jpg

IMG_2823_zpsee0bc1fa.jpg

IMG_2824_zpsa8998e4b.jpg

IMG_2825_zps2f80f002.jpg

Hey Ryno, welcome to the forum, nice to see another similar shaped tank to mine and interesting to see your layout. Will look great mature.
Just be careful with your light as 8 x 39w T5 is masses! I run mine 2 x 24w 6 hours and 150w halide for a couple of hours in the middle. The issue i always had was getting co2 all around the tank, would like to see how youve overcome this if you could post some filter and co2 specs :)
Keep the updates coming.

hey thanx, this tank is getting 4 more bags of flourite to slope the back more, the ugly rock is getting replaced with some nice dark rocks, and more wood on the sides more to the front, i made a DIY co2 inline reactor, running an eheim 2228 profesional1 and a 1200lph wave maker and 400lph internal filter with purigen. the internals is placed next to the outlet of the cannister so it makes alot of flow.

thanx still not happy with the scape, the dragon rock doesnt really work well here and i need to buy 4 more bags of flourite ti raise the substrate on the back corners alot more. need lots of needle leaf ferns also. was thinking of getting ADA stone to replace the dragon rock, rip out that HC also

That's a great tank must have taken hours to scape. Makes me think of the fish. How they started out crammed into a tiny tank then on an unknown journey in an even smaller bag . Then to arrive and be released into a tank more like an ocean they must love it. One day il have a tank like that, when my wife and children have had enough of my fish/watter obsession and I'm living on my own lol. :)

haha the tank only cost me about 60£ to build and the stand about 80£ but its the equipent thats expensive and substrate 7 bags of flourite already in there need 4more. ordered 4x kessil 150w amazon sun for the tank also. will be getting them in the 1st week of Fb hopefully

its to cover the whole tank 90x90cm is a big surface area to get high light spread to every point of the tank

yep its alot of light. but remember with a normal rectangulare tank its alot of light because the surface area is not that big. my tank is basicaly 2x 4ft tanks so its a quad unit above each 4ft tank.

I've got the same dimensions (except 30cm instead of 40cm height) and using a single 70w halide (and planning on using a single Kessil - if it ever arrives!). That's low tech though, but seems to do the trick.

PS; it might be the lighting but it looks like you're struggling a bit with cloudy water? I've had a bugger of a time getting mine clear, ended up retrofitting 1 micron oil filter socks to one of my filters. Water is now completely clear, but only if I have the sock fitted.

You can see the difference it made in 24 hours in this photo -

cloudym.jpg

Cloudy water - a little trick | UK Aquatic Plant Society

PPS; kudos for going for a lawn in a tank with these dimensions!

its the lights and my crappy photography skills with my old iphone haha. water is clear. had some tannins with the wood, have more wood soaking in a bucket. i had 2 dual t5 units at the begining, but the hc at front didnt grow. also the plants at the back wasnt doing to great also. running my lights for only 5 hours a day. 3hours with all the lights on. also running purigen in the filter withbactivated carbon it makes my water clear. just strugling acbit with thread algae the last 2 weeks. overdosed without knowing

some time i must invest in a good camera. thanx for the input. i make use of the info you guys give. the carpet is almost 90x40cm but the HC doesnt grow to great my SAE's keep pulling them out. have 2 stems of rotala macranda in there but not doing great. what do you peeps think of tropica ferts?i dose the one with just the traces and the macros i dose dry ferts using the EI calculator

Back