• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My 90x90x40 cube

so since im moving end of march i decided to play around with some scapes, planning on how to make it the best it can be with my available hardscape. also have an algae invasion on my HC!
When i moved to pta and im settled i would actually get some spiderwood with thinner branches and saw them off the base and use them. the smaller branches will create the illusion that the tank is bigger?
IMG_2859_zps3d0141b1.jpg

IMG_2864_zps2e382154.jpg

IMG_2862_zps272588de.jpg

IMG_2861_zps6d8d6549.jpg

the water actually is clear. its co2 bubbles thats not in fokus with my crappy iphone camera

I think it Looks very natural, well done. The gravel is very nice and natural especially. I know what u mean about taking photos of a tank! It is hard stuff!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

thanx. yep its not easy to capture the depth of the tank. in april im going to swop the wood for thinner more nicer branches of spiderwood. will blow torch them a bit to give more detail

this is with all 8 lights on. i dont really see a differnece on the pics, but its actually much brighter, im keeping only 4 tubes on because of the algae
DSCF2431_zps5215c432.jpg

I actually like the wood that's in there I like the thickness to. Maybe swap a few so you have a nice balance of thick and thin :) keep up the great work

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

thinx. i think the thinner branches will give the scape an illusion of being much bigger? this wood is a bit bulky for me?

thanx. if the other wood doesnt look as good as these i will just swop them out again. will only update again when i replaced the carpet with UG or glosso and have grown in a bit

Yep HC had an algae infestation had to remove about 70% of it unfortunately

So installed 2x kessil 150w amazon sun LED lights looks great will post pics tonight. The light gives a more natural look in the tank. I absolutely love it

I also removed most of the HC and planted glosso today. Lots of it. In my experience glosso grows very quickly. Dosing the green bottel tropica also. I dose half dosage twice a week instees of the full once a week dosage

Sorry haha. Also repaced the dragon rock with natural greay river stone. Makes a big difference

Back