• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My 60p soft water

The Ammannias in the sand pots are really not doing so well - so thats useful information for those planning to grow it- use aquasoil!
Everything else is looking good.

probably because I'm changing stuff a lot lol. anyway there are a lot of species that do better in sand for me aswell, cuphea anagalloidea being the main one.

IMG_3600.JPG

not perfect, but improving.
@MichaelJ
cuphea anagalloidea inert substrate. poor colour because of lower light, but nice forms (low standards:lol:)
IMG_3601.JPG

May I request a picture of the sand Tonina? 😙
1651363388748.png

0.083~0.1 weekly Fe inert substrate.this s a pic from this morning. it's been yanked out now cus im trying to make the tank look more presentable... they grow pretty well, maybe 1/2cm smaller in crown size than the ones grown in soil, couple cm per week slower aswell, but still clean and nice growth.

Last edited:
Not rn, it's pretty stunted

I notice that some of the new growth looks smaller - it may just be the plant adapting to your tank conditions - not necessarily stunting?
(sorry to occupy Plantnoobdude's thread with this discussion -shall we move to Jellie's journal?)

I notice that some of the new growth looks smaller - it may just be the plant adapting to your tank conditions - not necessarily stunting?
(sorry to occupy Plantnoobdude's thread with this discussion -shall we move to Jellie's journal?)
That's was a phosphate defficiency months ago, sure!

cuba+pantanal.
please excuse the stunted rotala rotundifolia... it's being moody after moving to submersed.
IMG_3629.jpg

:)
IMG_3654.jpg

pantanal is medicocre, but still an improvement.
I have 2~3 nice lookin stems of ammannia that are growing steadily, and a couple stunted stems that got trimmed and are throwing side shoots. fingers crossed!
E. quinquangulare is growing well with the pair of blood vomit, slow and steady.
had to hack back tonina, an unruly weed that looks concerningly similar to egeria....
rotala indica unstunted. wallichii is improving, macrandra aswell.

Back