• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My 60p soft water

The longer you let it grow the more satisfying it is to scrape off, talking from experience :D
I'm looking forward to tomorrows water change! it's been bugging me all week.

IMG_3311.jpg

dosed some macros, micros upped to 0.075 fe as proxy weekly.

nice colours including the Wallichiis. Do you have a corner internal filter on the right of your tank? or are those nozzles something else?

nice colours including the Wallichiis. Do you have a corner internal filter on the right of your tank? or are those nozzles something else?
thanks. yeah it's an internal for a bit of extra flow.

IMG_3315.jpg
IMG_3314.jpg

minimal stunting:D. tank is far from perfect and is algae ridden, but the plants are starting to perk up!

Attachments

• IMG_3315.jpg
    IMG_3315.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 126
IMG_8266.jpg

tank is growing obnoxiously fast.... some algae issues, even with green drop checker reduced co2 (1-2bps) and reduced flow. the staghorn is basically gone. now I have some grey-ish filament algae, gsa, gda and diatoms. quite the assortment eh? I have put down most my issues to too much N in water collumn, I am going back to just K and micro dosing.

staghorn completely gone, now am dealing with green hair algae, green spot algae, and green dust algae. The mediocre legacy™ continues!
IMG_3385.png
IMG_3383.jpg

liking the ludwigia white. fish seem happy.

IMG_3384.jpg

cuphea is not looking too bad
IMG_3382.jpg
UGHH the stems look like trash.

recently have been considering adding one more school of fish to 'fully' stock the tank. was thinking sundadanio axelrodi, some small rasbora sp or nannostomus marginatus. would these fish species be alright with the gourami?

micros are currently tropica clone. at 0.08ppm Fe as proxy. working quite well. I believe lower non fe/mn micros is helping a lot especially with Ca deficiency. now K seems to be limited. so i did a small dose of 2ppm K, and will continue around 1ppm per week, this should be sufficient. bought some nh4no3, so will be experimenting with urea+nh4no3 combo. will prolly try a marschner recipe and tropica clone.
tank pic.
IMG_3390.jpg

ammania gold babbyyyyy
IMG_3391.jpg
IMG_3392.jpg

cuphea lookin pretty and algae free on the new growth.
IMG_3393.jpg

mac is alright-ish. some stems stunted but some are growing well.
IMG_3394.jpg

Front left of your tank - is that a Ludwigia var 'Meta' ? Thinking of getting a few stems to try as well.
I think you're refering to the ludwigia white? meta is not available in EU yet I don't think.

Where did you source this plant from?
I was told it was salzmannii at the time, but not too sure at the moment,
submerged it looks a lot like colorata,
Screen Shot 2022-03-25 at 16.31.12.png

anyway, I have been noticing some stunting after water changes.
IMG_3407.jpg

day after water change
IMG_3410.jpg

two daysafter water change.
IMG_3409.jpg

macrandra showed some splotchy green colours after water change, its resollved and isnt spreading.
IMG_3408.jpg
ammannia growing well, hope it continues like this.

This is just a thought. I used to see this years ago in my tank. It had to do with ferts bottoming out after a water change. You remove a large amount of water you remove a large amount of nutrients. Some species don't like the dip.

IME Macranda has more nutrient needs than Ammania, so no surprise Ammania shows no effect. If you notice the plants rebound as the days go on it's likely because nutrient levels are coming back.

To combat this many people dose the tank back up after a water change to keep levels stable. Personally I front end load all macros.

Again, just a thought. Could also be something completely different.

Back