• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Kodama (??) - Wabi - Choosing Fish??

Re: Kodama (??) - Wabi - Vid Added

Nice one mate, good to see filter doing it's thang haha.

Just been adding Pico Sized Bogwood to Kodama, and planting it up with Mosses and HC. The HC has suprised me the Most Leaving tiny sprigs placed onto the top of marimo balls has worked. And they have started to send out roots, so they are semi emersed. Just placing them into knooks on the Bogwood that are wet.
Also been scaping the outer rim of the dish with bogwood and Manzita from Steve.
Just trying to find a nice background to use to hide the wires and Co2 Bottle.

Kodama (??) - Wabi - Vid Added

Love it, looks great.

This is a setup where you can really use the cheap Asian plants, or some crypts on the immersed area.

I really like the innovation of the filter, good one on that.

ghostsword said:
Love it, looks great.

This is a setup where you can really use the cheap Asian plants, or some crypts on the immersed area.

I really like the innovation of the filter, good one on that.

Thanks Luis. With the filter it just needed a bit of thinking. Could not use an Internal as no space for it. The Pico Powerhead did not give me much in the way of filtration. A traditional HOB was limited by the Inlet Downpipe. So used one i had modded to overcome the inner rim on an old tank. Took the Foot off and just have it freestanding on the Desk. I was using a section of a Biro as a bridge between the piping and the Original Inlet, but this was reducing the flow too greatly. So just pushed the piping into the inlet as you can see in the Video.

Just discovered a leak that has been going all night.
Found the Source, One of the Manzita Peices was drawing water out of the Wabi. Had placed it too close to the edge and one little curve touched the water.

I have more of this plant growing in a tub, so will have more available in a few weeks.

Re: Kodama (??) - Wabi - Vid - Grass ID'd :)

just click on the PB album link for now

Gill said:
just click on the PB album link for now
That works ;) looking great, love what you done with it, btw you can always use http://imageshack.us/

cheers, but like PB better. I cleaned my albums this morning as woke @ 4am. Forgot that it removes links to pix.
Just seen that The HOB I use has come down in price to under a tenner delivered from ebay
>> Item number: 270634314862

Lovely Vid, Been watching them yesterday and Lots of Ideas for future projects.

Today All is Good.
Wild Cherries have been shedding, Lots of isopods on the Glass. Clover has started to send out new shoots. Grass is Doing Great, All the Buds are pointing towards the light now. New creeping off the edge of the bowl.
Need to go to Poundworld (nice Big Store and handy 2 mins walk) and get some Bamboo Place matts - Going to use them as a backdrop to Hide wiring ond Co2 Bottle.

And thanks to Ceg for the handy URl write up, Can now tidy up my Posts

Only made it out the house long enough to post Steve his Mosquito Egg Sacs.
So will try again tommorrow, when I go say prayers at the Gurdwara. And PAH Have had a new delivery of Plants today, so really should not go and look at them, looking can't do any harm :shh: .

If someone could wave a magic wand and take away Vertigo, that would be great.

Not made it out the house again, so took a vid using the Olympus 12mp Camera.

Still figuring things out with videos, but can't seem to add my own mp3 file to the vid. will figure it out eventually

Need to mention, that I am getting a bit of Surface Scum.
Now The way I have overcome this is as follows: I lifted the Inlet to a height whereby it created a Whirpool on the Surface. This sucked in all the Surafce skum and trapped it in the filter medium. Left it running like this for a few mintes till the surface of the water was clear.

Back