• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
Looks good George, gives the tank and rock layout a completely new look, what's the plant list? And what's the reason for the change of lights?

nayr88 said:
Blimey! You don't hang about George haha

Looks good, I really like the idea of keeping the rock layout and just changing the plants. A recycled layout :) I can see those lights getting quite big in the scene over the next year, I was wondering if I'd see an ada MH when I read new lights haha

Will there be a new name or separate journal?
Thanks, Ryan.

I've always wanted to try suspended lighting and it's great. Easier to maintain the tank and it gives a cleaner look, especially with the OptiWhite tank and glassware.

I do like the look of the ADA MH but for a similar price you can get these. I actually prefer the look of these units and they have lots of other advantages - less power consumption, more efficient, waterproof, run much cooler, no mercury etc.

Here's more info - http://www.tmc-ltd.co.uk/data/grobeam1000-tech.pdf

I'm a bit of a gadget freak and the lighting controllers are awesome, and easy to use.

They have a built-in battery so the timers don't need adjusting after a power cut.

You can control the light intensity from 0-100% in 1% increments. You can ramp up/down the intensity to your desire.

For instance I have an 8hr photoperiod, ramping up gradually to full power after 3hrs, 2hrs at full, then ramping down for 3hrs to 1% intensity for moonlight mode. How cool is that?!

There's even a 'storm' function that flashes like lightning! You could have a powerhead come on at the same time to create a full-on effect.

Vito said:
I didnt think this scpae could improve, I was wrong, the new plants look great from that pic. I am tempted to purch someTMC LED tiles but im torn between them and the ADA Solar I...
Thanks! The 'scape has a long way to go yet, but I'm hopeful it will turn out well.

The ADA Solar I is a lovely piece of hardware too. I would read up on both before making your choice. Maybe contact Andyh or Dan Crawford, as they own the ADA Solar I already, and Dan has experience of these TMC GroBeam's too, so can be more objective than me.

B7fec said:
Looks good George, gives the tank and rock layout a completely new look, what's the plant list? And what's the reason for the change of lights?
Thanks, Ben!

Plants are a mixture of crypts, Rotala green, needle fern and hairgrass. I have some E. tenellus on its way from Mark to mix in with the hairgrass. All the plants are either donated by UKAPS members or re-used from old set-ups.

Why change the lights? As above really. Easier for maintenance, greener, look cool and have funky controls!

Mark Evans said:
Thanks mate, I know I am.

Looks great, George!
How are you finding those luminaires? Would one not be enough? I'd been eyeing my savings thinking about getting one for my 60x45x45.

The new plants really add something too, the multiple layers of colour and texture add so much more to the scape.

Garuf said:
Looks great, George!
How are you finding those luminaires? Would one not be enough? I'd been eyeing my savings thinking about getting one for my 60x45x45.

The new plants really add something too, the multiple layers of colour and texture add so much more to the scape.
Thanks, Gareth. :)

One would probably be enough, but I"m future proofing for when I likely upgrade to another 80 or 90cm. Two look better when suspending from the ceiling too.

Mark Evans said:
George Farmer said:
Thanks mate, I know I am.

it's them pants you wear. :shifty:
Definitely.

Took several hours with several breaks but I've just read all the way through this. Really inspiring scape and journal. I can envisage that with my new scape no matter how much I try to make it look different the influence of this one resonate through. Without the genius' artistic eye of course. Mine probably actually will look like a pile of rocks.......that someone put there where yours looks like they were always there ;)

Gonna have to start reading more journals. Some inspiring stuff I've missed out on over the past couple of years.

AC

Great news George, its such a visually striking scape....when you look at that page of the top 25 yours stands out a mile!
Its funny as the winning scape was the one i picked as my fave for iaplc this year.
Second place was the one i was umming and ahhing about to put in my top 3 choices....i didnt in the end but it as a great scape with great perspective.
Hope all is well.
Cheerio,
Ady.

always loved this scape George, in fact it is my fave of yours. It has finally got recognition in the comp circuit. I have always wondered why you didn't enter this for the IAPLC, when you entered the Evolution of this tank?. It has been nice to read the journal again as well.

well done mate!

LondonDragon said:
ghostsword said:
One of the best iwagumi's I have seen ...
Agreed, glad George brought it down to London too so we could see it live ;)

We were really lucky to have seen it.

It was this scape that absolutely changed my perception of what an iwagumi is. I have not seen any picture that does justice to the scape.

One to copy for sure. :)

Back