• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Green Pekoe Pond - 40 litres

Cheers guys! I was going to try either Micranthemum umbrosum or continue the Pogostemon erectus around the back. I like the idea of the Echinodorus leaves appearing out of the cloud of smaller leaves.

echinodorus behind the wood
Hi Alexander, its Echinodorus reni - been there ever since I dry started in December. I initially thought it would grow out the top of the tank but it looks like it will keep fairly smallish (at least at the moment).

Any other suggestions? I’m starting to get the start of collectoritis and really like the way my carpet plants are a mass of different species and wonder if this meadow look is the right way to go with the taller stems at the back.

Hey Mr. Teapot great looking setup!

I've read thru but must have missed it...what's the fern in the great photo in post #108

Cheers Iain, it's great encouragement you like my little tank!
what's the fern in the great photo in post #108

Hi James, It's a stick fern and twig moss obviously! :p

In all honesty I don't know, I originally bought it without a label from the bargin bin at the palm centre for a quid. Its parent has grown really well outside in a wet, sheltered position for the past four years. I think it looks like a common old hart's tongue but knowing the palm centre it's something much more exotic.

Last edited:
Lovely little scape and a really pleasant journal to read. Love your photos too :thumbup:
Cheerio,
Ady.

Lovely little scape and a really pleasant journal to read. Love your photos too :thumbup:
Cheerio,
Ady.
Thanks Ady, means loads to me you enjoyed my tank's journal. :)

Does anyone know what this new plant is erupting out of my twig moss? Is it just the moss changing?
14520055432_dddb9c6924_c_d.jpg

Hi all, Fantastic tank, one of my favourites
Does anyone know what this new plant is erupting out of my twig moss? Is it just the moss changing?
No, it looks like a vascular plant, you'll need to let it grow, but it may be an Epilobium sp.
Its parent has grown really well outside in a wet, sheltered position for the past four years. I think it looks like a common old hart's tongue but knowing the palm centre it's something much more exotic
I think if it has survived outside it must be Hart's-tongue Fern (Asplenium scolopendrium), because all the other ferns with similar undivided fronds (Asplenium nidus etc.) are tropical.

cheers Darrel

Really fantastic. You have done yourself and this forum proud :)

Big things are expected of you now. If this is your first things can only get better :D

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

- I'm really over the moon you guys like my tank... I think it was touch and go a couple of months back but I'm really chuffed I managed to nurse it back to health again.

I'm scared by your echinodorus. :)
Yeah I know what you mean, It's putting out ever larger leaves at an ever increasing pace. The little green neons absolutely love it and use it like a base to nip out exploring. I think it makes them feel secure.

No, it looks like a vascular plant, you'll need to let it grow, but it may be an Epilobium sp.
Thanks Darrel, I’m definitely going let it grow and quite excited to see what it grows into lets hope its something really interesting and flowers. I’ve been amazed at what just appears in my tank with my bug hunt thread - at this rate I’m going to have to start a plant version.

New photo this morning - seems to be growing slowly but steadily:
14391592717_5fcacc84fa_c_d.jpg

Thanks Tim, it was a real struggle with version 1, version 2 was a lot easier once I found a combination that worked for me. It's been quite a journey to get to this point and yes, full of surprises along the way. Just trying to work out a plan to try and somehow have a second tank. Hmmm... if only I had a shed.

Very cozy little green island had been adopted, the plants are in good condition. :)
Congratulation:thumbup:

Back