• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Journal Freds new pond build

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ended up putting 50 lts of helx 13 inthe filter after PP the helx 13 first. Then a good rinse. Good stuff. Its supposed to mature a lot quicker then k1.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Orderd 9 bunches of iris plants for the upper pond. CBA. The pond for blanket weed to keep ahead of the game. Did a half dose. My fish went nuts leaping about all over the place.
I think CBA manufacturers upped the strength this year. Because of complaints. So did 50% water change. To dilute it down. The fish where then ok.
I used resolve last year. Because CBA did nt work. So i will be revertung back to that in future.
Changed 3 pod dechorinater cartridges. For trickle in. And changed both uv bulbs.
And cleaned top pond out. And took my bottom manifold away. And reverted back to flowing through top pipe work.
Reason i was not getting flow rate.
For turn over of pond. I am now.

Put my 9 bunches of iris in today
Lets see how these grow. The last yeas bunch is doing well

42a5e2676a7399516db5753a7c1efbdd.jpg

The plants are not in soil there in gravel. Its worked so far. But it makes it slower in developing them.
My fackas spelt wrong. as you can see in photos.
Look dead. I was going to take them out. But i have noticed a new small green leaf on both. So see what happens. Lily s are starting to sprout shoots now. Winter was pretty bad this year. So everthing is slower.

Hi Fred, I see you mention cba and take it that's cloverleaf blanket answer. I was going to try some this year as I think you recommended it last year but guessing your opinion has changed? I don't read the koi forums so not sure what feedback this product has because all I've seen has been positive. So would really appreciate your advice.
I only really get a bit of blanket weed at the start of the year before the pond takes over but it seems to stick around for the rest of the year without really growing. So would like to get rid of it as it makes things look a bit messy.

I see you mention resolve. If you recommend it can you put the full name of who makes it up please so I can look for it.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Fred, I see you mention cba and take it that's cloverleaf blanket answer. I was going to try some this year as I think you recommended it last year but guessing your opinion has changed? I don't read the koi forums so not sure what feedback this product has because all I've seen has been positive. So would really appreciate your advice.
I only really get a bit of blanket weed at the start of the year before the pond takes over but it seems to stick around for the rest of the year without really growing. So would like to get rid of it as it makes things look a bit messy.

I see you mention resolve. If you recommend it can you put the full name of who makes it up please so I can look for it.

Thanks in advance.
Aqua sauce resolve blanketweed.
It is more fish friendly and better for filters. Like i said earlier CBA. it was weak last year. And lots of complaints from koi keepers. CBA seems stronger again. Going by my fish reactions. I normally do half dose. Then do another half dose about 12 weeks later. If long you might have to full dose.But my algi is only fuzzy. I can t let it get longer.
Because of my auto drum mesh.
Here is a picture of cba
And resolve mate. I get mine of ebay
Hope this helps fred
d224b1d49adbbd6f15fd485057daa805.jpg
772c103e7e23f6b0af790eda07db572d.jpg

Some pictures and bring the thread up to date.
My foods for growing on and pond
For pond fish koi tench orfs rudd. Grass carp
Shrimp queni koi growth proteins.
Peaches and cream.
a29c9467d5e6cf55017c74027620f88b.jpg
570d5a95ccb145e9ea9c2b9b2c25b202.jpg
274cf9f9aba29fd0004216b9240b5dc6.jpg

There is the new helx 13. Along side k1 media. Look at differance in size
You can see colour brownish is mature. And white is new. More surface area with helx 13
53e1b89db82cbadb469e759306667e95.jpg

And here it is boiling in air. 250 lts of mixed k1 and helx media. Brilliant for producing bio mass. The more fish you have the more feeding the more you need. I will be adding another 50 lts of helx 13 to take it to 300 lts. As i start feeding more heavily.
55698f12d0654bbc3eee4e9fac600aab.jpg

Also i added more air lines six altogether. Reason. The nexus air ring is about 5 inches of the bottom.
And crap settles there. And it was not moving it. So put six air stones on the bottom to keep it moving. Spread all around bottom of nexus
That did the buisness.
b8282f0ad2f8254490d2d3f4b523b1bb.jpg
f5f7d7e19c5f668f6dcc2dd3bf803025.jpg

There is some of the new little ones
And a couple at 10 inch in my grow on qt.
36c8bc5b31090c9dda6c78a928fe834f.jpg
5a31b7332be3c9bf321445eb017e9ecb.jpg

Thats it folks up to date now. Last one of patch 17 months old now.
He likes to come in the shed to help out. Ha ha zzzzzzzz
b16ccbaacbc0927da7bf0b67550c8edd.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back