• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

First attempt at fishkeeping and aquascaping - 60L tropical aquarium

pH = 6.4 (or lower?)
pH = 6.0 - 6.5 (or lower?)
Thats odd. The water report mean pH testing shows a pH of 8.2. But your tests are showing a pH of 6.0-6.4 - and that includes the tap water testing! Thats quite a difference.

I suspect now you introduced 12 Ember Tetras yesterday, this is going to kick-start the ammonia source and cycle, so I think the next couple of days to a week are going to be interesting in terms of water chemistry. I am currently cycling with a pH of 6.0 to 6.8, so we are not too far off on the pH level.

Thats odd. The water report mean pH testing shows a pH of 8.2. But your tests are showing a pH of 6.0-6.4 - and that includes the tap water testing! Thats quite a difference.
I also noticed that. I usually measure the tap water as it comes out (rather cold). Proper measurements with a pH meter equipped with a temperature probe would take into account the temperature, but I would not expect that to result in a difference of 2!

We are around 6 miles away... I am curious if something may be going on that may have that effect between the treatment plant and our home.

I suspect now you introduced 12 Ember Tetras yesterday, this is going to kick-start the ammonia source and cycle, so I think the next couple of days to a week are going to be interesting in terms of water chemistry.
I'll make some popcorn! By Wednesday the cavalry (i.e. new plants) should have arrived. Hopefully we will have made it then.

Back