• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Anybody have experience with Chihiros RGB sereis !!

Where did you yer those white props from? That's exactly what I was hoping the spread looks like. Will have to go ahead and purchase one now. Would be great if you could let me know where you got those white props from?

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Hi,
i also have one RGB60!
33387675136_88065a472a_z.jpg

My small review, (bad) things that could be better:
- heats to much for my taste (in full power),
- less power than Serie A, i'm using a extra 'spot' for rotalas
- difuser, could be better!
- Twinstar RGB looks brighter to eye, and heats less (have to check consumption)

things that i like in this one:
- color, i prefer the Chihiros color (this one is subjective) more 'similar' to ADA RGB
- better color balance, 3 channels show some equilibrium. But could be improved a bit more in next 'edition'
- flexible in height and different tank sizes! Work's perfectly.
- Very light and thin! doesn't bugs my view
- dimmer very simple and smart! In the middle you've got half power! Very nice.
- I measured 40W...

This is my kid tank, extra 6W led for rotalas (sorry for phone pics):
34510687226_3a7308b9bd_b.jpg

34166022090_cd65fd51ac_b.jpg

34551748435_d6c98f6e70_b.jpg

34166018900_52bbc69718_b.jpg

cheers

Last edited:
Where did you yer those white props from? That's exactly what I was hoping the spread looks like. Will have to go ahead and purchase one now. Would be great if you could let me know where you got those white props from?

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
Those props are DIY

Beqause if I use the regular acrylic-bracket there's no space to mount my HOB filter on the side. (Dennerle Scapers flow) So I've used some styreen plates and glued them with 'nail-remover'. There's a chemical reaction and the plates are melted together,so it's a very strong construction
1z73dag.jpg

I was looking at getting the Chihiros A Series Plus but think the lighting is a bit bright and not very good for red plants. I really like the colors on the RGB Series but main concern is it classed as high light? I was going to have it over an ADA 60p.

Bit of a newbie when it comes to LEDS as ive only ever used T5's :crazy:

I currently have a dutch scape so was concerned the A series might be a bit white and not bring out the colors. But the RGB series has lower PAR and mainly concerned how it would do with high light plants.

Also is it important in LEDS to have reds and greens in them or is that mainly there for our viewing?

Bit of a newbie when it comes to LEDS as ive only ever used T5's :crazy:
I currently have a dutch scape so was concerned the A series might be a bit white and not bring out the colors. But the RGB series has lower PAR and mainly concerned how it would do with high light plants.
Also is it important in LEDS to have reds and greens in them or is that mainly there for our viewing?

As discussed many times (here and in other forums) PAR is a pretty good way to see how much light plants get.
Color is important to plants but very 'low influence' when comparing to the amount of photons. Barr and others say this many times!
RGB fixtures and the 'state of the art' in these days, others continue to prefer HQI.
Plants will grow perfectly with both (led, hqi, T5's), so the taste of the aquascaper is the key.
Choose the one you prefer to see in your tank.

Remember that a fixture is not only power! Construction, security, design, coverage, etc play an important role:
Usually you get for what you pay for! Don't expect miracles from cheapest light's.
If you have the opportunity to put your eyes and hands in a ADA RGB you'll see, it's like a Porsche! (maybe not expensive for the gear that you take home...)
cheers

I notice the following drawback of this RGB light.
Due to the heat formation, the plastic cover plate deforms, and thus "sag/ prolapse" It's hard to make a clear picture of it, this is the best pic I can show.
2vtytsg.jpg

Not sure if I'm happy about this...:mad:

I notice the following drawback of this RGB light.
Due to the heat formation, the plastic cover plate deforms, and thus "sag/ prolapse" It's hard to make a clear picture of it, this is the best pic I can show.
View attachment 108202
Not sure if I'm happy about this...:mad:

My deformed also!
Doesn't affect the quality or direction of light, but it's not nice...
The plastic (diffuser) doesn't seem to be very quality, or not thought for the heat...

Back