• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Anybody have experience with Chihiros RGB sereis !!

I think the A series is a full sectrum white and the rgb as more colours I am trying to decide between the two at the moment.

Had a look around online and cant seem to find much first hand experiance.

I have the a series and it's a beautiful bit of kit. Its been on my tank a week and see a huge difference in my plants. I have perling and far better growth from the mosses and monte carlo j have in there

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Hi,

I'm actually testing the chihiros 60cm RgB on my 60F, colors are awesome!

Here's some pics;

170118012102738728.jpg
170118012102156510.jpg
170118012102997665.jpg

Hi thanks guys.

Hi CooKieS,

Looks great........how about your plants !!

Would you mind to tell me from where you bought it and how much cost it !!

Thanks

Too soon to tell for the plants, but seems ok for now!

Got it from an HK eBay seller for 80€, good price.

Can it be hung from the ceiling? Also is it dimmable?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also - is it extendable - my tank is 66cm long

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got the A-series plus and am very pleased with it so far. I noticed in some of the RGB marketing pictures they had used 4 RGB for 1 planted tank - so not so sure how well i grows plants (?) the A-series is working wonders so far IMO. Feel free to check out my journal for pictures :)

my new tank is 60x30x35 so the Plus may be too much 9600L/60=160L per litter that's way too much :)
I would say the normal A Series would be enough.

There is so low information about the rgb series atm.

my new tank is 60x30x35 so the Plus may be too much 9600L/60=160L per litter that's way too much :)
I would say the normal A Series would be enough.

There is so low information about the rgb series atm.
It comes with a dimmer - I found that the plus makes a nice equal distribution of light in a ADA 60p

There is very little information on this RGB. And don't escpect any further information by our sponsor beqause he is just a retailer...
I'v been informed by other online stores the following information:

RGB30 suitable for 30~45cm tank 25W 3750 Lumen
RGB45 suitable for45~60cm tank 37W 5550 Lumen
RGB60 suitable for 60~80cm tank 50W 7500 Lumen

I believe they are booth a good solution, but my concern is related with the plant development, atm I'm sure that booth A and A Plus are a great choice.
My only doubt is if the RGB in the same level, the only way to find out is wait for users feedback.

I may order the plus version then

Does anyone have more experience with the chihiros RGB, I have a 45cm A series plus but want to look at getting a RGB for my 60cm tank, any reviews would be great.

Interesting, I ended up going with the A-Series Plus, I already had one and I am very happy with it, extremely bright / powerful, I had my doubts on how bright the RGB light is.

Back