• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
Update time...

I have done a couple of things of late. I have added another small filter on the left side of the tank. Now that the tank is grown in the co2 just wasn't pushing round the back left. This resulted in a bit of crypt melt. Which has now resolved.

Just a small hydor rated at 600lph.
8728010753_5562b5956f_z.jpg
image by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

There is now some eliocharis sp at the back. This gives a nicer effect IMO
8728011035_06348ea368_z.jpg

Micronthemum Monte Carlo
8728011365_fce5623ceb_z.jpg

Some more bucephalandra

8728011169_06bba20c8a_z.jpg

8728011269_04e1c6b2e5_z.jpg

8728010889_84952741e3_z.jpg

It looks very nice, Ian! It must get a good rating this year :)

I was thinking about the flow...as it matter not of filtration, but on circulation, don't you think, that a power head can sort out the problem? I know you have a filter now, but just have been thinking about this...

It looks very nice, Ian! It must get a good rating this year :)

I was thinking about the flow...as it matter not of filtration, but on circulation, don't you think, that a power head can sort out the problem? I know you have a filter now, but just have been thinking about this...

Cheers antoni, not sure about the iaplc placement, if I do better than last year ill be pleased.

I did use a korallia at first, but didnt like looking at the tank with it in. It ruined the scape.

I haven't updated for a couple of weeks and I think this will be the last pic of this scape. I have plans to do a shallow 1-2 grow Dutch next. It's something I have always wanted to do...
This scape has been totally neglected over the last 2 weeks as work has taken over my life for a while. To be honest I have got really bored with this scape also. I expect it'll be taken down next week sometime (if I get time). I'm not sure how a shallow Dutch scape will work, but I'm going to try my hardest to make it work.

Anyways here's the mess

8882860792_1d09acc27f_z.jpg

personally mate im loving the way its looking in the last photo . if i could get a " neglected " tank to look that good , i'd be well chuffed :) . i must spend more time with my hands in my tank than i do looking at it , and its nothing like as nice as this . look forward to seeing the dutch when you start it up . my fave style by far !

Shaggy..
On a personal note, i've enjoyed this journal so much i've decided to change up my Dutch for a NA style.

Thanks Stu!
Time for you to get some new pics up?

personally mate im loving the way its looking in the last photo . if i could get a " neglected " tank to look that good , i'd be well chuffed :) . i must spend more time with my hands in my tank than i do looking at it , and its nothing like as nice as this . look forward to seeing the dutch when you start it up . my fave style by far !

Cheers mark, I'm not even sure Dutch will work in a shallow tank. We'll see.

Cheers mark, I'm not even sure Dutch will work in a shallow tank. We'll see.

I have seen our good old Dutch Style in many different kind of tanks, and I am sure it can work. It will make the impact of the famous "streets" even bigger.

But it's a pitty this has come to an end, definitely one of my favourites here.

Hi all,
To be honest I have got really bored with this scape also. I expect it'll be taken down next week sometime (if I get time).
I know why I couldn't be an aquascaper, I'd have to cut my own hands off before I laid a finger on that tank, the moss is brilliant.

cheers Darrel

Hi all,
I know why I couldn't be an aquascaper, I'd have to cut my own hands off before I laid a finger on that tank, the moss is brilliant.
cheers Darrel

agreed Darrel, bit of a trim, a few more months and it would be even more amazing :p

I have seen our good old Dutch Style in many different kind of tanks, and I am sure it can work. It will make the impact of the famous "streets" even bigger.

But it's a pitty this has come to an end, definitely one of my favourites here.

Thanks for the comment Marco. I need to do a little reading up on the rules of Dutch, to try and make it as close to the mark.

I like the jungle mess mate, looking forward to your Dutch shallow though, you'll make it work :)

Thank you Tim, I hope I can make it work! Lol all this stems...

nice Ian, love the over grown look. Must be munching through the gas now :eek:

Like the idea of a shallow dutch... im in for the ride.

Cheers Iain, this is running at 1bps at the moment, the plant mass is massive though.

Hi all,

cheers Darrel

Thank you for the comment Darrel! Give me a shout if you want any moss.

just looked at the larger image in flickr , looks even better !

Thanks again Mark, the image is a lot clearer on the Flickr pic.

This will be a real shame to break it up. I have really enjoyed this journal Ian, and look forward to the next one.

Thank you

Charlie

Shame to take this down mate I loved it. But looking forward to what youve got up your sleeve for the next scape. Im sure it will be another stunner.
I somehow reckon ians inbox has drastically multiplied with requests for his plants :lol:

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

I really like your scape, love jungles... not so keen on the TMC light supports, did I say that before?:p

Thanks sanj! And no you haven't ever mentioned that! Lol

this scape is awesome ii hope you don't miss it when its gone ;)

Thank you Ali, I'm glad you've enjoyed it. Makes it worthwhile.

This will be a real shame to break it up. I have really enjoyed this journal Ian, and look forward to the next one.

Thank you

Charlie

Thank you Charlie, I appreciate the comments throughout the journal.

Shame to take this down mate I loved it. But looking forward to what youve got up your sleeve for the next scape. Im sure it will be another stunner.
I somehow reckon ians inbox has drastically multiplied with requests for his plants :lol:

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

It'll be taken down, probably next tues, so expect a plant sale then. There will be certain plants ill be keeping hold go though...the bucephalandra will be going in the Dutch.
And thank you al for you encouragement throughout the journal.

Back