• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Remanso . . .

Oooh, what's the link for the light on AliExpress ? I need a new light and feel totally the same, really want some shimmer as well as good colour!

Here you go Rosie:

Obviously they're a direct import from a Chinese seller - AliExpress does have some buyer protections, but to an extent its a case of "You pays your money, you takes your chances!"

Here you go Rosie:

Obviously they're a direct import from a Chinese seller - AliExpress does have some buyer protections, but to an extent its a case of "You pays your money, you takes your chances!"
Ooo I’m very tempted, shimmer is the one thing I miss with my twinstar. Two of the pros don’t seem like they’ll break the bank compared to some of the other options on the market.

How bad is the control with the app? I could always go for the button control version to make it even cheaper.

Cheers

How bad is the control with the app? I could always go for the button control version to make it even cheaper.

To be honest I've only used it briefly to get the lights working, I've yet to dig into the ramping and scheduling side of things. My understanding is that you can get it to work though, and once you've managed to set it set up, it work fine until you try and fiddle in the app again, at which point previous settings can be lost etc.

@Hanuman is chewing their support teams ear off on a regular basis, as per this thread, and I'll be joining him when I have them running properly and have a list of issues to report. Being an app based issue, rather than hardware based, should mean getting improvement will be a matter of 'when' rather than 'if'.

Here you go Rosie:

They look really good! Do you know the spread of them? My tank is much smaller than yours (90cm x 50cm bottom dimensions) but I feel like I might still need two?

Looking forward to seeing them in situ with the scape. When do you think you might set it up? I know this is a very demanding project!

They look really good! Do you know the spread of them? My tank is much smaller than yours (90cm x 50cm bottom dimensions) but I feel like I might still need two?

I've not actually measured the spread, but the lens makes it pretty wide - much wider than you'd expect - to the point where I might have to fashion some kind of deflectors for them, as there is a lot of light spill at the height I want them. I tested it by hand over a 600 x 400 tank, and it covered that from about 250mm off the surface.

I'm not sure you'd want two on a 900, but it depends on how you are mounting it, as to what flexibility you'd have in terms of height.

Looking forward to seeing them in situ with the scape. When do you think you might set it up? I know this is a very demanding project!

Ah, as I said in the first post, this is a slow burner, I want to take my time and get it right and try and enjoy the process, as all my previous set-ups have been a bit rushed.

First stage is getting the tank, overflow box and pipework in place. This means carving the bloody wall out again, as the return pipework in the rear left corner projects out of the back of the tank about 60mm, and I want to tank around 20mm off the rear wall, so that pipe is going to have to go partially in the wall! :banghead:

Then I've got to set up and test the auto-water change system, and install the cabinet electrics, doser and ATO tank/system.

Then I've got to install and fit-out the sump and wet/dry filter system and get the trickle tray working right for my chosen flow rate, and install and set-up the fleece roller. Then thoroughly test it all it as I've never ran a sump set-up before.

Theeennnnn . . . . I can finally drain it all and think about scaping it . . . . sigh 😅

Keep forgetting to add this photo - tanks in place! It’s a beast 😱

319CE85B-9C02-4FFA-80CE-3403EE490422.jpeg

Last edited:
I wonder if two lightsources are enough to cover the whole tank from my experience I over shading an area with plants and hardscape is faster done then one might think.. Those light do look very intresting though never was really satisfied with the reds on my aquamedic lights, they are just a bit too blueish. Your light seem ideal, the only thing with fan cooled lights is that they are not really water proof, have that same problem now also.

Somehow I missed this, looks excellent and I’m following 👍

Back