• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Your personal aquascaping/aquarium highlights from 2013

I started the year as a returning fish keeper from 20 years ago (a teenager!)

Oh how I wish I was a teenager 20 years ago!! but no matter what age you still get that kick from returning to the hobby. All aided by the likes of Clive and UKAPS.

This year a trip to the Tropica facility where i met with many UKAPS maniac along with Audrie and the French team. Was nice to be there after looking at many old photos from George, Dan, Mark and others.
Somehow i got some requests on contest, so this year we judged many around the world including the German, French, Hungarian, Russian, Thai.
And the trip to Japan. IAPLC, Sumida, NA Gallery. Meet with Mr. Amano and the cool ADA staff. Chatting with Cliff Hui, Dave Chow, the Malaysian and Vitenam scaper kings, kind of a dream to all scapers.
Upgraded my gear to 5DMIII. Thanks to Mark and George who gave this virus to the hobby :) -- now i am spending much more on photo/video kit than on aquascaping. :)

Business is good and finally we're doubling our showroom. So kind of exciting times ahead.

If the upcoming year will be half as good as this one i will be fine with that.;)

In August I began to read this forum, in September I bought a nano tank, from September to December I grew plants, then algae and again beautiful aquatic plants... End of the year and I'm setting up a brand new 60 liters one. Not bad, in't it?

Just want to say thank you for your help and congratulations!

I finally got done with my PhD

So that's 'Doctor Plantbrain' now, congratulations!

My highlight has been the pleasure of buying loads of new equipment and (reasonably) successfully setting up my own planted tank. Thanks to all the UKAPS members who've helped me out (knowingly and unknowingly) along the way.

Cheers!

Personal highlight has to be the trip to Tropica and spending some great time with fellow scapers from around Europe and creating some tanks for Tropica, great experience.

Lows, well getting rid of my Rio 125 after 10 years of service, having very little time for scaping lately due to studying/research for my job (couple of promotions along the way so can't be really bad ;)), also the cancellation of Aquatics Live is a very low!

2014: In my wish list is a new tank, and some time to start a couple of scapes..

Back