• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

WRGB2 Pro problem...

Karacticus

I have a slight issue, can anyone help?

He's really starting to piss me off. šŸ˜…

IMG-20231205-WA0004.jpg

Cats loves to cozy up on or near warm surfacesā€¦ be it aquarium lights, the house furnace or humansā€¦. The allure of the rapid movements of the fish just makes it more interesting for him/her - Nothing, absolutely nothing you can do about it :lol:

Cheers,
Michael

If I fits I sits.....it's a cat thing!
Just don't let him get too heavy or you will end up with a concave light bar! šŸˆ
My tanks are nanos & they are safely shut away in my work room for supervised visits only....one of them is a glass sphere! šŸ˜– I'd love to have a tank on display downstairs but I can't risk it with our furry monsters. šŸ˜ŗ

I do like the spikes idea, @Wookii . Adds a sense of 'danger' to the scape and ups the excitement around maintenance day!

Just don't let him get too heavy or you will end up with a concave light bar! šŸˆ
This was my worry TBH. It is quite a sturdy unit, so hoping a couple of kilos on top will be okay.

We still have the <"same light diffuser">, although these days she just <"sits on the nano tank">.

Glad it is not just mine then! :) He has also discovered my son's nano tank, which is easier access. Hoping he'll he get bored eventually!

Hi all,

I'm not pointing the finger, but I can't help noticing all the cats in this thread are black and white.

cheers Darrel
I've checked the data, Darrel, and you're right! 100% of black and white cats do this.

Do they actually try to go in the water? Our current tank is out of reach for our cat to sit on, but the one Iā€™m about to setup isnā€™t and Iā€™m not sure Iā€™ll be using the lid

Do they actually try to go in the water? Our current tank is out of reach for our cat to sit on, but the one Iā€™m about to setup isnā€™t and Iā€™m not sure Iā€™ll be using the lid
My battle continues. Between this and the Christmas tree, the cat is currently banned from the living room. A row of Christmas cards worked well for a bit as a deterrent, but then he decided to go for it. The cards went in and he nearly did too. A part of me wants him to take a dip so he learns a lesson, but I have just ordered some plastic fence spikes! I figured it will deter him and he'll learn it is not a good place to sit, then eventually I can remove the spikes.

But to answer your question, @Phargon, he doesn't actually try to get the fish. Think he knows he can't, but it is his favoured drinking spot. Which I wouldn't mind if he didn't sit in the middle of my light!

Bother that cat!

Maybe splashing them a bit when they are up there would gradually create a Pavlovian reaction? But hey. Cats are royalty.

Hi all,

My little girl Evie in the tank when it was empty, it has been filled as of yesterday and as of yet no interest other than a drink (hopefully stays that way) I have however learnt water doesnā€™t bother Evie she seems to love the stuff so hopefully no swimming haha

Thanks
Matt

Attachments

• IMG_9037.png
    IMG_9037.png
    7.5 MB · Views: 35
Hi all,

I just wanted to collapse 100% black and white theory
My past away month ago 5 years old Savannah brown tabby loved to sit on the chihiros A601 light unit. He broke one glass Lily pipe and one glass inlet pipe. For that reason I have bought a tank with a cover/hood Eheim Proxima 250. After some time, he stopped getting/jumping on the top, so I could uncover it and buy a suspend light unit.

Regards

@Matt1994 I have a semi-aquatic cat as well. Happy in the rain etc. Sure she'll get more interested once you have some shiny things swimming around!

I'm starting a new side business in feline aquatic defence systems, so let me know if you need any. šŸ˜…

Your scape looks good, too! Look forward to seeing it planted!

Hi all,

I just wanted to collapse 100% black and white theory
My past away month ago 5 years old Savannah brown tabby loved to sit on the chihiros A601 light unit. He broke one glass Lily pipe and one glass inlet pipe. For that reason I have bought a tank with a cover/hood Eheim Proxima 250. After some time, he stopped getting/jumping on the top, so I could uncover it and buy a suspend light unit.

Regards
But... my theory?! šŸ˜­ Okay, it's just that cats are mischievous in general then. Case closed. I'll write it up and send it to New Scientist šŸ‘šŸ»

Hoping my next solution will sort the issues and 'train' him not to jump up there.

Wouldn't mind so much if I was confident he wouldn't bend in.

Wouldn't mind so much if I was confident he wouldn't bend in.

So imagine now, stands of the Chihiros A601 and newer Chihiros WRGB stands. It's a big difference, much thicker bars and fittings. I would not be so afraid like you think.
You can always try to place a 5L bucket filled with water and see how it will behave.

Back