• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Work in progress

JaExile

Although I planted it over 2 years ago I feel that it’s still work in progress. So any advice on how to make it better, (preferably not breaking it down and starting again) would be appreciated. The tank is 120cm x60x60. CO2 is injected.
Having seen some of the other stunning posts I realise I should add a bit more detail.
The substrate is ADA Amazonia and ADA Colorado sand- the former is a bit light and I spend my time trying to coax it off the sand
There are 2 lights - fluval Aqua sky and Beams work (white light only)
Filtration Oase Biomaster thermo 600
CO2 - jbl proflora u403 with two glass diffusers
Fertiliser columbo flora grow - I’m
Moving to the pro version used weekly
I’m using up some liquid carbon neutro CO2 and Some Jbl ferropol 24 -
I also use jbl fe tablets.
Plants a wide mix of crypts and echinodorus (which get trashed by the bristlenose plecs) plus a couple of Anubias and some mosses.
Fish -
Corys- julli and Haroldschultzi
Bosemani and dwarf blue rainbow fish
Cardinal and glow light tetras plus 2 Serpae tetras
Guppies . The descendants of the original ones from 2 years ago
Bristlenose catfish

Attachments

• E55FDB0A-42E9-4B8D-9494-7D34E0E91FE3.jpeg
    E55FDB0A-42E9-4B8D-9494-7D34E0E91FE3.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 243
Last edited:
Hi all,
It looks OK. Maybe a few more taller plants?

Normally I'd suggest some more <"Cryptocoryne spp.">, but that might not be the best idea in your case. I use <"Bolbitis heudelotii"> a lot. It is fish proof but takes a while to get going.
which get trashed by the bristlenose plecs
They <"like Echinodorus">. Do you feed them vegetables? It sometimes stops them rasping at the leaves (but often it doesn't).

cheers Darrel

Hi Darrel
Thanks for the advice . Not sure why but getting plants to grown successfully at the back of the tank has been a problem. I have recently added some aponogetons while I waited for the swords to grow though it includes the worlds slowest growing Madagascan lace plant. I’ll give the bolbitis a go
I give the plecs cucumber from time to time- however I’ll look at increasing the fresh veg.
thanks again

Back