• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Wilts Noob - No aquatics yet

Mitchabbots

Hi all,
A long awaited return to messing with the wet stuff. Major upgrade to what I had from before, goldfish, plastic plants and ridiculous underwater features (I'm sure a lot of us have been there). Clean slate at the moment, the aquarium cupboard is bare.

Researching and Planning on high tech. 175 to 200 litre glass. Rimless with a lighting bar across the top. Not sure of planting style yet. Jungle seems too much and Japanese too little. Seen some stunning UK ones and plagiarism will play a strong part I'm sure. I'm not in a rush. Having a tank set up by Christmas 2024 is the goal. Not in a particular rush for getting fish in there either as it has to be right. Will be looking for a long-term stable system that looks the business with little or no surprises (one can hope).

I live in Trowbridge, Wiltshire. Maidstone Aquatics (Leeks in Melksham) is my closest store. Prepared to travel to find good quality merchandise at reasonable prices. I hear Salisbury and Bristol have some offerings. I am hoping to hear about the best ones in the West Country.

I hope you are a friendly informative bunch and look forward to developing some insight at to what planty-fishtanking is all about and how to be good at it. :p

Brian

Welcome! Great place, this! Looking forward to seeing your set up develop. Apparently The Aquatic Store in Bristol is excellent. Not been yet, but intend to at some stage.

Hi all,
Welcome to UKAPs,
I live in Trowbridge, Wiltshire.
I live in Corsham. The best shop near to us is probably <"Acres Aquatics"> at Corsley Heath.
Apparently The Aquatic Store in Bristol is excellent.
I haven't been in for a long time, but I still belong to their FB group. The reason I haven't been in, is that it is in Bedminster, and it is a p*g to get to for us, and you have you now have do battle with the bus lanes and ULEZ.

cheers Darrel

The best shop near to us is probably <"Acres Aquatics"> at Corsley Heath.
Hey Darrel,
Acres Aquatics, that is local - I've driven passed it a few times. Longleat is just up the road. I've checked and they are open tomorrow. :)
Corsham I consider local too. Great to have an expert close by, but then with the internet it doesn't really matter if you are on the other side of the world. I may have to bother you for "what to find local to me" questions though.
I feel my wallet twitching big time now :oops:. Resisting until I know more.
Brian

Back