• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • Most of the remaining team are off on holiday meaning the forum does not have sufficient cover. As such the site will be placed in maintenance mode where it can be viewed but no posts/threads can be made and will remain this way until August 11th, apologies for the inconvience.

Why you should use a scape box - Learn hardscaping faster

Never used a scape box, but been meaning to build one for ages.
Nigel you've incentivised me to pay B & Screw It a visit and get some sheet timber cut to fit 😉

Nice one nigel

Thank you Ryan 🙂

Never used a scape box, but been meaning to build one for ages.
Nigel you've incentivised me to pay B & Screw It a visit and get some sheet timber cut to fit 😉

You won't regret it Tim!

Make sure to post a picture when you build it and let me know if you like it :thumbup:

Got home from work pulled out some old chip board and (ignore the scape and crude wood work) but built myself a box lol

15252051897258502964185387207438.jpg

Nigel

As you know I have been recommending the Mock Tank for many years now. The Aquascapers who have used them always find them very helpful when planning an Aquascape.

Keith:wave::wave:

Jayefc

Great that is a very sturdy Mock Tank.
Two tips to make it easier for you.
1 Work at table height (no bending down)
2 Add a piece of material you can see through across the front, (about 15cm wide) by doing that you can now add a substrate, sand/garden soils work perfectly.

Now you can start a Topic and get help with your hardscapes.

Keith:wave::wave:

Im waiting on my Seryia rock to be delivered at mo ( coming from germany good deal on zoo 8kg £20)
as going to put a peice of wood across the bottom of the box as Tim has in his video so I can add soil and sand and agreed to working at a table thanks Keith

So my seria stone has arrived Not sure what um.gunna do with it but I think it was good value for money £20 from zoo
20180509_211943.jpg

Hey,

One tip is to visit often LFS with lots of hardscape. Snipe the right pieces and collect over the time.. Good hardscape helps a lot 😉
I don't really like ordering stones online. I understand it can be a long drive to some "good stores". But worth it in the end.. Sometimes I drive like 2-3 hours to snipe some nice hardscape 😀

@Nigel95 , hardscape sniping should happen constantly....even just going for a walk in the neighbourhood .

Back