• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

White spot and temperature for corys

@Bradders I think I’m going to give a large water change a go. At this point it’s worth giving it a go I’d say, in the hopes it reduces the bad bacteria. The fish don’t have any sign of epistylis now and I’d rather get the bad bacteria out than leave the medicine in (I think). Or I may think on it. Ugh so frustrating. I feel like I’ve really failed my little fish when all I’ve wanted to do is my best for them.

@Bradders I think I’m going to give a large water change a go. At this point it’s worth giving it a go I’d say, in the hopes it reduces the bad bacteria. The fish don’t have any sign of epistylis now and I’d rather get the bad bacteria out than leave the medicine in (I think).
I havent done this method myself, but there is some logic behind it when everything else fails.

. I feel like I’ve really failed my little fish when all I’ve wanted to do is my best for them.
We have all been there. It was not deliberate, and the fact you are on here shows your commitment to care. Try not to beat yourself up too much.

Not what you wanted to see this morning I'm sure and, despite feeling responsible, you are trying your best to resolve the issues so don't give up yet.
I agree with @Bradders that it appears to be some kind of bacterial issue & also regarding large water changes.
It is quite possible you will lose more fish & just be left with the most resilient ones.
You do also need more plants in your tank in order to help give you a stable system otherwise the tank is solely relying on the filter to process toxins. Fast growing stem plants like water wisteria, limnophila and heteranthera zosterifolia will all help. They will also give the fish more shelter so they don't feel as stressed.
I would add another catappa leaf as well, they are supposed to have antibacterial properties.

would add another catappa leaf as well, they are supposed to have antibacterial properties.
Thanks for this I’ll do that when I get home. I’ve got some water wisteria in there and I’ve just added some red root floaters too but I’ll see if I can pick up some more plants tomorrow. I’ve got a few tiny swords planted which should grow up too but I agree it is looking sparse so thanks for that advice.

It is quite possible you will lose more fish & just be left with the most resilient ones.
I’m fully expecting this sadly 😔 but if I can save the resilient ones at least that would be something. I don’t want to give up but I do feel so disheartened. I will continue to try and do the right thing though. Just hard to know what that is when you can’t physically see the issue 😔

I’ve just done a 95% water change and added a capatta leaf - some clearer pics of my tank post water change. I will pick up some more plants. I do still have all 12 otos thankfully - they were hiding in the plants at the back whereas normally I see them all about so that concerns me too. Fingers and toes crossed that helps and no more losses overnight. Thanks again both for the advice and moral support. Have a great evening.

Attachments

• IMG_3947.jpeg
    IMG_3947.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3946.jpeg
    IMG_3946.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3945.jpeg
    IMG_3945.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 5
I didn't mean to be the voice of doom regarding your tank, in all honesty I'd probably have done the same as you.
I'm so glad all the otos have reappeared, they're one of my favourites!

I didn't mean to be the voice of doom regarding your tank, in all honesty I'd probably have done the same as you.
I'm so glad all the otos have reappeared, they're one of my favourites!
That’s reassuring to hear 😊 thank you. Otos are my absolute favourite too, I love them and my Cory cats.

Back