• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Which phone?

Garuf, I dunno if you are aware, but its worth checking out hotukdeals, regularly provide mobile phone deals. Sign yourself upto the cashback providers also if not already, i just this week got 100 quid back from topcashback on my gal s2. The deal was with o2, £400 incl contract length without cashback.

Phone was locked to o2 but the community provided a free app which unlocked the phone and banged in my tmobile data sim...job done

I mention the above as it's pretty hard to say one operator over another provide better deals especially if going through certain third parties there can be some amazing deals to be had.

Great deal there are. I got my 1616 to replace an 8210 (which I had chosen to get BTW as it is a retro classic and did exactly what I wanted)

Why did I 'upgrade' if I was happy with the 8210? Needed a new TV cos the old 6 year old LCD had gotten quite a lot of dead pixels. So I signed up with a deal that gave me what others think is a rank phone but got a 40" LCD Toshiba TV instead of some flashy phone I wouldn't ever use.

My contract was supposed to be £24 for a little more than I previously paid £15 for. Then a week later once the TV arrived I rang O2, cancelled the internet bolt on, changed the deal and now I pay £15.50

So the TV cost me that extra 50p a month for 24 months = £12 for a £40" LCD which even now is selling for £380 in Tesco :)

Great deal :)

Andy

dazzer1975 said:
You would be off ya rocker to get an iphone 4 now. The build quality of htc are phenomenal

Sorry I meant have a go to get a feel for an iPhone in general, I imagine the new one is going to be pretty similar operating wise.

Phenomenally bad :lol: I have had my fair share of HTCs believe me they aren't that great. They have always been miles ahead techwise. I remember having the original SPV 9 years ago which had msn messenger and went online.

I find that a smartphone is just so handy, I can use it as free sat nav or find cinema times when I'm out or check out how much HMV are ripping me off by scanning the barcode and seeing how much something is on amazon. It's very functional not just for novelty value. I had an 8210 and loved it back in the day, but I would never go back to one as my main phone.

Garuf - Orange?! Don't get me started. Never, ever go back. :thumbdown: tbh I'm pretty sure it was very similar prices for the Galaxy on Vodafone vs Orange and I know which I prefer. I would just like a decent signal - I'll be happy to pay the difference!

Lisa_Perry75 said:
dazzer1975 said:
Garuf - Orange?! Don't get me started. Never, ever go back. :thumbdown: tbh I'm pretty sure it was very similar prices for the Galaxy on Vodafone vs Orange and I know which I prefer. I would just like a decent signal - I'll be happy to pay the difference!
Well I told them I couldn't make or receive calls and I wouldn't pay them a single penny till they fix it, two days later they cut me off so I'm sticking to my word and not paying them any of the money I apparently owe them for the service they didn't provide. f'um, you wouldn't pay tesco for shopping that never arrived would you?!

This February will be my decade with orange, it's only this last 18months they've let me down so badly, mainly with never receiving messages, weeks on end not being able to receive calls, texts not arriving, not being able to dial out and when you final do getting a weeks worth of missed calls all in one go and so on, trying to get customer services to recognise theirs a problem is like trying to get blood out of a stone.

The problem for me was they shut down a mast and didn't replace it so I suddenly couldn't have a conversation the signal was so bad. Months went on like this, I wasted so much time calling customer services. The annoying thing was I'd just signed up to a 24 month contract, what was the point if I had not enough signal at work or at home to make a call.

I don't know where you've lived in the 10 years Paulo, but perhaps it could be population density of London means more manpower goes to keeping the network up there? In the past I haven't had many troubles apart from signal, it's just been this contract tbh but it's enough for me to switch networks.

I don't know what the deal is with me but I got fobbed off with so many different stories from Orange ranging from oh it's because of the join up with T mobile to "Do you have a fridge in your house? That could be interfering with it" purely laughable, mines a 2 year contract too it's laughable the service quality and I'm sick of being on the phone to the india based customer services who just send you round and round in circles and often don't understand what you're trying to tell them, going in store is even more of a faff as they just give you a phone and tell you to ring customer services.

I've not got either,so don't know.But two blokes at work have both replaced their iphone 4's with galaxy S2's and they both say the galaxy is far better ;) .

Galaxy s2 for sure. Had mine since June, can't fault it. Takes some bloody good photos and is nice and quick. Best phone going at the moment

Thanks everyone I have just ordered the Samsung Galaxy SII through top cashback, and found an online voucher code for 3 months half price line rental!!! Fingers crossed the cashback works - it should be £141.40!!!

Getting Samsung Galaxy II as well.. our company is now having it as recommended smartphone for employees and as only available to order so it must be good. Lucky for me I do not have to pay for it.

dazzer1975 said:
good call Lisa, iphone4s was a distinct disappointment.
Only due to all the countless rumors promising more. It was obvious that it would be a minor upgrade, just like the 3G and 3GS.

That said, my friend just got a galaxy and the screen is lovely, I'm just not so sure about android

to be fair, the only rumour i heard was that it was going to be dual core... and it was.

I think the expectation came from how immense the galaxy s2 was and the fact the iphone release was so late in the year.

Getting my iPhone 4 s on Friday I'll let you know what it's like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well it's practically the same as the 4, slightly faster, with a higher megapixel camera. I've done the whole apple thing, exciting to begin with but soon wears off. The phone is alright certainly not the best I've had and the more I have to deal with apple the less I like it (as a user and developer). I'll be stepping out of the apple circle when I upgrade next week.

I quite fancy trying WP7 maybe the HTC Titan.

Currently I have a rubbish phone I bought for £12 online at group on but my partner currently has the iphone 3G and I love it so my next phone will be the new iphone 4s or the iphone 5 whichever is the latest version out at that time.

Can't wait to chuck this piece of garbage :)

Back