• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

which makes the better carpeting plant?

Depends on how you define "better".

Consider how each will fit into the aquascape design.

Eleocharis is easier and probably lower maintenance, has a darker green colour and obviously different texture.

Some folk have trouble getting HC started but its actually a fast grower once established. The mini haigrass is a relatively slow Eleocharis.

i like the look of both , and i was originally going to go with the HC , but i would like to have some corys once my carpet got established and rooted . ive seen a few people comment that HC doesnt root very well , and tgm says that the eliocharis mini is 1 of the most secure carpeting plants ( i interpret this as meaning holds firmest )

i do think the HC +would suit my planned scape better , perhaps use a finer grain substrate would help it hold down ?

Agree with what George wrote personal choice you can use both together HC for sure a bit more difficult to maintain as eleocharis but is faster growing and covers the substrate completely.You can use corydoras such as pygmaeus or hastatus no problem with HC.Cheers mark

excellent . would you reccomend using a finer grained substrate in the areas where HC will be planted ?

Back