• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What's going on with my Hygrophila Difformis?

CryptKeeper

Seedling
In my new tank (4 weeks old, with CO2 and EI ferts), Hygrophila Difformis was growing fast, so I trimmed some of the tops a bit over a week ago. It is now growing side shoots with leaves that look like this:

IMG_1087-2.jpg

Now, I realise that plants can change their shape when going from emersed to submersed (like the Ammania Gracilis on the right did), but I've never seen H.Difformis images resembling that.

Is this is good or a bad sign?

Very interesting, thanks for the replies.

The temperature in the tank is 26 degrees C, and CO2 is likely on the high side. The drop checker sits in the corner with the least amount of flow and is yellow-green by the time the gas turns off. I don't think the light is high, though. It's a 35W Helialux LED bar at 50% white, 70% blue.

Well, as long as it isn't a telltale sign for something going wrong I'll just sit back and enjoy the show :)

For kicks and giggles, try to grow it emersed and observe leaf shape. I have grown this outside in a water saving pot. It grew ok even in summer (sydney australia) !

Back