• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What plant is this and is it OK for low tech?

As I already said many times, here in China it's impossible to get any information about plant names or more, so if anyone would be so kind to help me with the name for this plant and could tell if it's OK to put in a low tech tank, that would be greatly appreciated.
20120103_172011kleiner.jpg
20120103_171919 kleiner.jpg

To be honest.........I would not eat it !
There are REALLY many plants looking similar to this - of which some could very likely be poisenous or allergenic.
I have had Alternanthera species - both red and green - looking EXACTLY like this.....even the thin, red nerve. Just to mention one possibility.
- sorry; I've said it before, but happily repeat: Leaves are terrible for ID of plants, because they change according to environment.Some plants for aquarium use have leaf-shapes and growth-patterns, so distinctive, it makes an ID reasonably safe.
- This is not one of those :shy::lol:

Thete is a small chanve it is Saururus cernuus - which will grow VERY big, and is not really a good aquatic plant - but I do not think the leaf-veins are right.

This is the name of the Alternanthera, I was originally thinking of:
Alternantera bettzickiana verte.
- have a look, and see if this could be "it".

Back