• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What moss is this?

DanMac

Hi, I purchased this piece of moss from ebay a while ago and i cant remember what it was called ( I have only been into this hobby for a few months and I bought it right at the start.), It has now been long enough that it has been erased from my ebay history.

the common name and scientific name will help a lot as i want to buy another.

Appreciate it, Cheers

Here is the link: ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Are you sure?, It makes sense since i did originally buy it for my shrimps but I also liked it as it was grass looking, and it seems java moss is the most common. I have recently searched java moss and many others to find it and the images that came up looked nothing like mine:banghead:

After searching online again with the scientific name it looks like it must be java moss. Cheers mate.

Hi all,
searching online again with the scientific name it looks like it must be java moss
It certainly could be. Mosses are really difficult to put a name to, particularly if they don't produce capsules. The plant sold as "Java Moss" never produces capsules, but is now though to be Taxiphyllum barbieri rather than V. dubyana.

Have a look here for some more details: <The Scientific Name of Java Moss. Information on how to grow Aquatic Moss. >

cheers Darrel

Back