• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What deficiency is this ?

Update picture of my Planted Tank
Running lights at 60% trying to change this gradually, as some plants need more light such as Ammania Gracilis and Nesea GOLD, Alternanthera Reineckii mini, Ludwigia White
Gonna buy a Eheim Professionel 4 600 soon aswell, so i have 2 cannister filters on the tank and more flow, i still have to figure out how i am gonna make space for this extra filter, since the right cabinet is filled with the CO2 cylinder.

Dosing : EI
Lights : Juwel Helialux spectrum x 2 running at 60% all color channels.

20211229_173856.jpg

Update picture of my Planted Tank
Running lights at 60% trying to change this gradually, as some plants need more light such as Ammania Gracilis and Nesea GOLD, Alternanthera Reineckii mini, Ludwigia White
Gonna buy a Eheim Professionel 4 600 soon aswell, so i have 2 cannister filters on the tank and more flow, i still have to figure out how i am gonna make space for this extra filter, since the right cabinet is filled with the CO2 cylinder.

Dosing : EI
Lights : Juwel Helialux spectrum x 2 running at 60% all color channels.

View attachment 179103

Wow, you are growing Ammannia Gracilis and Pedicatella Golden using EI? Its supposedly quite challenging to use EI to grow them, but I'm a big fan of Ammannias so I'll be following this thread closely! :)

p.s. the "Golden" is unmistakable, but which one is the Gracilis? It hasn't turned red yet?

Wow, you are growing Ammannia Gracilis and Pedicatella Golden using EI? Its supposedly quite challenging to use EI to grow them, but I'm a big fan of Ammannias so I'll be following this thread closely! :)
well its not going good as you can see, i need more light but more light is also more pollution, so i am waiting till i can place the new filter im gonna be ordering, so i got more filtration, because i was dealing with alot of algae issues when i had my light settings at like 90-100 % so will be changing this gradually, btw do you know why its harder to grow them when EI dosing ?
the gracilis is on the right side of the golden. but not really red need to increase light for that probably, it also doesnt help that my photo camera on my phone makes everything looks whiten out.

well its not going good as you can see, i need more light but more light is also more pollution, so i am waiting till i can place the new filter im gonna be ordering, so i got more filtration, because i was dealing with alot of algae issues when i had my light settings at like 90-100 % so will be changing this gradually, btw do you know why its harder to grow them when EI dosing ?
the gracilis is on the right side of the golden. but not really red need to increase light for that probably, it also doesnt help that my photo camera on my phone makes everything looks whiten out.
my guess is that they need A LOT of co2 compared to the amount of nutrients. with EI levels of nutrients you need so much co2 that your fish would suffocate before you can get ammania looking good. which is why ammania do better in lean slow growth tanks which aren't being pushed to the limit.

60% for a double Helialux setup is pretty bright but the "Golden" is a special case.

I have double LED lights like you and currently running 59% front, 70% back. I'm probably one step away from disaster, but I will continue increasing the light 1% at a time until my Wallichii turn pink or the tank crashes, whichever comes first 😅

60% for a double Helialux setup is pretty bright but the "Golden" is a special case.

I have double LED lights like you and currently running 59% front, 70% back. I'm probably one step away from disaster, but I will continue increasing the light 1% at a time until my Wallichii turn pink or the tank crashes, whichever comes first 😅
its actually not that much par, because now the plants are not pearling, if i increase the light to like 80% pearling starts.

my guess is that they need A LOT of co2 compared to the amount of nutrients. with EI levels of nutrients you need so much co2 that your fish would suffocate before you can get ammania looking good. which is why ammania do better in lean slow growth tanks which aren't being pushed to the limit.
interesting thanks for telling me, its a pretty hard plant for me to grow. thats maybe why its not doing good then haha.

Back