• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What’s the best suspended light in 2024 (for big tanks)

castle

I am looking to buy some lights. The water depth is 60cm, and the lights might end up being 100cm above the substrate. The tank is about 180cm long and 70cm wide. I would like to suspend the light from my ceiling, which is about 160cm from water surface.

Looking at Kessils, hyperspots and ADA but also good grow lights have worked well for me in the past. Could even be persuaded to go for the flood light 😅

I don’t really care about growing “hard” plants but I’d like a light that penetrates, and is adjustable. Bonus if I can control the LED with app or (shudders) remote.

Great suggestion, just looking into these now. A close friend is a furniture maker and I suspect they could make me shade for these so it’s not too brutalist in the room. I do wonder how bright they would be tho, as in, blinding?

I am looking to buy some lights. The water depth is 60cm, and the lights might end up being 100cm above the substrate. The tank is about 180cm long and 70cm wide. I would like to suspend the light from my ceiling, which is about 160cm from water surface.

Looking at Kessils, hyperspots and ADA but also good grow lights have worked well for me in the past. Could even be persuaded to go for the flood light 😅

I don’t really care about growing “hard” plants but I’d like a light that penetrates, and is adjustable. Bonus if I can control the LED with app or (shudders) remote.

Wouldn't hang them that high off the water but they are fairly cheap, controllable in an old fashion way, and fairly powerful. And on sale w/ the Chinese New Year.

Back