• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Week when algae strikes?

azawaza

I'm curious to know at what week algae strikes your tank, on average, and what kind of algae appears?

Also, it would be great if you could describe your initial reaction upon encountering your very first algae outbreak.

Collecting anecdotal evidence for a writing project.

Thanks everyone for your algae stories.

Cheers

Hi all,
I'm curious to know at what week algae strikes your tank, on average, and what kind of algae appears?
Because I try and avoid ever breaking down the tanks etc. they are all "old", so I don't have a time scale
Also, it would be great if you could describe your initial reaction upon encountering your very first algae outbreak.
That really would be a long time ago, but I still get <"algae outbreaks">, usually <"Green algae"> (other than the <"BBA on the sponges">, which <"come and goes"> <"to its own rhythm">).

I'm personally <"quite pleased"> if I get some green algae.

It tells me that <"conditions are suitable for plant growth"> and usually happens when I've added more fertiliser (or a different formulation of fertiliser) and / <"or more light"> until the <"plant mass adjusts">.

cheers Darrel

I like the idea of this opinion experience pool. You've made me check my old diaries. Unfortunately, I've not got much to contribute. From my experience, initial blooms can be avoided if organic pollution is kept at bay.

Back