• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Week aqua users

Wondering if anyone might be able to provide answers to the following questions I have about these lights?

1. Has anyone used the P900 lights on a North American 40 Gallon Breeder tank? These are usually 36" which translates to 91.44cm. Since the P series legs aren't adjustable does the tank have to be exactly 90cm to be able to use the legs?

2. How do these lights handle power outages? Does the light reset the internal clock to midnight after the power is restored (like the Chihiros does) and only gets back to normal function after the app connects to it?

3. Does the app have a simple on/off button that allows you to quickly turn it off and then eventually back on (and resume the schedule)? Someone mentioned earlier in this thread they removed the on/off button but I'm not sure if that was eventually added back in.

Thanks,
Harry

Hey y’all,

Your friendly neighborhood American here. Wanted to chime in as I’ve upgraded from an M450 to a P600 recently.

1. Has anyone used the P900 lights on a North American 40 Gallon Breeder tank? These are usually 36" which translates to 91.44cm. Since the P series legs aren't adjustable does the tank have to be exactly 90cm to be able to use the legs?

- I don’t have a P900, nor a 40 gallon breeder, but I’d be happy to measure the OD of the rim from one in stock at a local Petco. I’ll report back so you have exact measurements to compare with the ID of the stand legs.

2. How do these lights handle power outages? Does the light reset the internal clock to midnight after the power is restored (like the Chihiros does) and only gets back to normal function after the app connects to it?

- I’ve had several power outages with both my M series (with B2.0) and P series (with B3.0) and the light program and internal clock have never skipped a beat. I know what you’re referencing as I’ve had the same issues with my Chihiros and was also a concern.

3. Does the app have a simple on/off button that allows you to quickly turn it off and then eventually back on (and resume the schedule)? Someone mentioned earlier in this thread they removed the on/off button but I'm not sure if that was eventually added back in.

- Yes, after you connect to the light, but before entering settings, there is a lightbulb icon that you can toggle red/yellow/green to turn the light on/off/schedule without entering the settings menu. Both 2.0 and 3.0 models have this function. I’m using the latest app update.

Some tank photos for good measure.

Standard 10 gallon with P600:

b062bd382f057a3ef10de92de046a8b9.jpg

Standard 5.5 gallon with M450:

513d9d598d8a148e88377ad8ef005eb6.jpg

bfd2d5c2454786b242ece3fbc118a0e3.jpg

Pending 22 gallon long bookshelf. Still finishing hardscape. This will replace both as the main display and the old will retire to farm tanks.

a463fb9c139243fe632cc38977721636.jpg

b8f06b3822901f0e4f66ea34d2de8397.jpg

Boards have arrived; total cost to me including shipping, FX loss etc has turned out to be £8.35 each, so not too shabby!

View attachment 207018

@fishtorque I've sent you a couple of PM’s but had no reply, please let me know if you still want a board.

If anyone else in the UK wants a board, just drop me a PM, delivery would be £4 for 1st Class RM delivery in a C5 box, or £10 on a dedicated carrier (APC) with tracking etc. I potentially have 3-4 spare.

Obviously I'm just playing middle man here to try and save fellow members some money by getting this bulk price and spreading the shipping costs, so I can't vouch for the boards or how they function, so the risk is with the buyer as it has been for me with the ones for my lights.
Have you got any left buddy very interested

I am considering upgrading my lights. At the moment, I have a Fluval Aquasky 2.0 16W led for a tank of 60cm x 30cm x 30cm. Although I can grow easy and some medium plants, I feel the par isn't sufficient for growing carpets good enough and the coverage is also average due to my hardscape. I plan to grow some medium to difficult plants (and some reds). I was considering going for the Week Aqua P600 or the Chihiros WRGB2Pro. In comparison it seems the week aqua p600 is much better than the wrgb2 pro and although the base price is less, if I add VAT and customs (based out of Denmark), it ends up costing roughly 400 danish kroner more than the wrgb2 pro :confused:

Is the week aqua P600 worth the extra money? Which other week aqua model would be better than the chihiros wrgb2 pro for the above tank dimensions ?

I am considering upgrading my lights. At the moment, I have a Fluval Aquasky 2.0 16W led for a tank of 60cm x 30cm x 30cm. Although I can grow easy and some medium plants, I feel the par isn't sufficient for growing carpets good enough and the coverage is also average due to my hardscape. I plan to grow some medium to difficult plants (and some reds). I was considering going for the Week Aqua P600 or the Chihiros WRGB2Pro. In comparison it seems the week aqua p600 is much better than the wrgb2 pro and although the base price is less, if I add VAT and customs (based out of Denmark), it ends up costing roughly 400 danish kroner more than the wrgb2 pro :confused:

Is the week aqua P600 worth the extra money? Which other week aqua model would be better than the chihiros wrgb2 pro for the above tank dimensions ?

I am using the P900 and WRGB2 Pro for my 90P tank. When it comes to light quality, I have mentioned here that the WRGB2 Pro is slightly (but noticeably) better than the P900.

It seems that most people bought the P series because it is cheaper. So if the P series is more expensive than WRGB2 Pro, it is definitely not worth it.

i just recently upgraded my p900 pro to BT 3.0 and it’s so much better. I also bought two A430 on AliExpress for my tank upgrade and they both came with BT 3.0 already.

I noticed something that’s not a big issue but can get annoying. When I check the A430 in the app the light would turn off during the few seconds that it takes to connect to the Bluetooth then it will turn back on once the light is connected. I used advanced settings instead of the automatic sunrise/sunset option so when my light connects it’s already on the “advanced” tab.

I checked my P900 (this one came from BT 2.0 and I just upgraded the board) and it doesn’t turn off and then on while connecting. It might have happened once after installing BT 3.0 but it didn’t happen yesterday when I checked.

Has this happened to anyone else?

It’s not really a big deal but my fish do get spooked quite a bit when that happens.

Hi all,

I just discovered weekaqua and am keen to get some for my 60cm long tank. Where does everyone get theirs from? Aliexpress? Any particular seller to recommend?

Also, which light should I choose? I am thinking of either the M or L series as they seem reasonably priced. What are everyone's thoughts?

Hi all,

I just discovered weekaqua and am keen to get some for my 60cm long tank. Where does everyone get theirs from? Aliexpress? Any particular seller to recommend?

Also, which light should I choose? I am thinking of either the M or L series as they seem reasonably priced. What are everyone's thoughts?
I only ever used the A430 Pros from Ali Express. The seller was
AQUATIC Pet Store
- very communicative and helpful. Just know that you will need to pay customs.

I don't know anything about the M or L series unfortunately!

Hi all,

Well the L series comes with a brontosaurus apparently. :)
weekaqua2.JPG

Very strange web site.
While digging around it a bit it "seemed" like the L had more wattage for the same size light. Oddly cannot find that proof again.
Did find it somewhere else though.
L table is at week aqua . M table is here:

M was 40 watts. L was 60 watts in the 600mm size.
weekaqua3.JPG

Last edited:
Hello!! I have a wrgb 2 (not the pro) I am thinking of switching to a p900 or the A series or 2 t90. I have never neen these lights in persons but I really like my wrgb

My tank is 80cm long. I don't like the purplish looking tank but I love saturated colour's on my plants and fish that look natural

Can someone recommend a light?

How do you think it compares to my wrgb in terms of saturation?

Thanks!!

Back