• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Resolved! Website is taking 30 seconds+ to load, sporadically.

Seems to be an issue with the hosting, I have raised a ticket for them to take a look.
Let me know if you need any help - whether diagnosing or interpreting their responses. Hosting and technology are what I do! :)

Out of interest are you all using an iPhone when experiencing this?

I’ve had this same issue for a couple of weeks now, but just assumed it was only me.

Out of interest are you all using an iPhone when experiencing this?

I’ve had this same issue for a couple of weeks now, but just assumed it was only me.
It happens to me on my iPhone and also on my Mac. In my case, the common denominator is Apple.

It would be good to confirm whether it's just Apple users or not - but I suspect this is a problem at the host level and impacting all users.

I’ve checked on iOS, macOS, Ubuntu and Windows across three different browsers.
I initially thought it could be a cache issue, but when I started to ping, it looks like its Just a bandwidth issue.

did hosting change recently? I have seen behaviours like this before when not allocating enough CPU to a loadbalancer; or when hosting updates their shared hosting machines.

Last edited:
Problem not limited to the UK, also having problems here in the US even after peak UK hours. Using a VPN through Canada did not help either.

I'm using the Tapatalk app and this issue has been persistent for the last few days. I thought that it's because I have updated miui on my Xiaomi smartphone, but it looks like it's a bigger problem.

Unless the hosting company fixed it, it will come back I think.

I can confirm that host has applied some optimization to the server, so let's see if that helps.

I am having issues right now. I have a video I'll post later. But the site is pretty much intermittently unusable from 18:00. All other websites work fine.

Back