• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Water repot

Hi. Just posting water report could a kind person please tell me exactly what it means in terms of EI dosing
Water report Ng12 5ng
Check my water quality | My water quality | My Supply | Severn Trent Water

Thanks

Hi all,
Just posting water report could a kind person please tell me exactly what it means in terms of EI dosing
Water report Ng12 5ng
That is a particularly non-informative water report. The only bits of any value to use are:
Nottingham_water_hardness.jpg

and
nitrateNottingham.jpg

I'll add a bit more later this evening.

cheers Darrel

Hi all,
Thank you I know the water is hard after my own testing
Because it doesn't list calcium (Ca) or magnesium (Mg) on the report, you don't know what their relative proportions are.

Normally you could assume that nearly all the dGH was from calcium, but because of where you live we can't, for geological reasons.

Because you have reasonable levels of nitrate (NO3-), you probably have some phosphate (PO4---) and potassium (K+) as well, but that is just a guess.

Cheers Darrel

Ok thanks a guesstimate is better than nothing as a start point I have access to ro so I might experiment a bit.
Can someone just reconfirm excess light and unstable co2 are more of a problem than fert levels.
And the whole point of EI is start high and come down? I think my eyes might be the best indicator until I get more understanding on the subject.

Thanks
Matt

Back