• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Urea(prilled)

Daveslaney

Looking to get some Urea to make ferts.Seen some on Ebay Urea(prilled)
Can anyone tell me what the prilled part means? or the best place to buy it?

Hi
Prill.....A prill is a small aggregate or globule of a material, most often a dry sphere, formed from a melted liquid.
Probably meaning its not a powder....more like small pellets...roundish in shape!
hoggie

Hope not ;)
That would negate bothering to manufacture in that form - think of it as a slow(er) release form for crop use

But you can certainly buy & crush to return to a more powdered texture :D

Thanks alto.
Will do that. As it seems prilled is the only form i can find at the min.

Last edited:
Hi all,
That would negate bothering to manufacture in that form - think of it as a slow(er) release form for crop use
I think it just makes it easier to spread using a tractor powered fertiliser spreader, agricultural fertilisers are usually sold as granules or prills.

cheers Darrel

I just got some off amazon. Which ferts are you trying to make? I haven't used them yet.

I am currently using Nuno M EI recipe.The details are in his Crystal Mountain thread in the featured journals section. Details,Mixing tables are on page 7 of the journal.There is details of his recipe for a ADA all in one mix there too.May give this a try in future.
I got 250 g of urea of ebay for 4 quid. The prilled stuff disolves into solution well.
Been using this at full doses for around 3 weeks now.With good results.My plant colours and genral health seems to have improved.But i think my previous EI mix was light on K though.

Sweet thanks guys. I've just mixed up a batch of aqua rebel special N for a reduction in K actually although I mixed minus the urea as it took too long to arrive. I might add the urea to it though. On hols at the moment so haven't had chance to try it properly yet. Will look in the nuno now.

Thanks I did add 44 grams of magnesium nitrate as opposed to 17.6g to make up for the loss in N from urea. George Farmer was using the urealess version of special N and reported that it was just as successful.

Yeah think I will do although I am tempted to just add the 5g of urea and see if I create an ultra batch of special N.

Back