• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • You can now follow UKAPS on Instagram.

UK cave spiders - the scariest wee beasties in my home!

Nont

This The Giant golden orb-weaver spider. can measure up to 15-20 cm leg span, and is very common in Hong Kong. You see them everywhere.

I used to go mountain biking over trails in HK, early morning when webs are still fresh and undisturbed by hikers. OK, you get the idea :eek:

View attachment 190480

View attachment 190481
Nice one! Seems to be the same species I found in my house many months ago.

493EF4B2-1F45-4CF2-AB6F-D1DA32BBF075.jpeg

Wookii

This The Giant golden orb-weaver spider. can measure up to 15-20 cm leg span, and is very common in Hong Kong. You see them everywhere.

I used to go mountain biking over trails in HK, early morning when webs are still fresh and undisturbed by hikers. OK, you get the idea :eek:

View attachment 190480

View attachment 190481

Whilst I'm pleased to say I've significantly curbed my fear of spiders over the last couple of decades, I'm more than willing to admit that I would crap my pants if I saw that! 😅

Aleman

Can only afford this if your wife really loves you
Tell me about it ... His cost him £150 as a sub-adult female, and it was a 1/3rd that size at the time. I should come clean and say that's not actually his spider, but is the largest ever wild caught specimen of the species! Oh, it's a Goliath bird eater, and for those of you that would like to collect fish in the Amazon region, that's where they live :D