• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tropica & Pets at Home

As far as I can remember, there have been some "Tropica" products available on the P@H website. I bought some Tropica soil through their website quite a long time ago.

Looking on the Tropica website it does show P@H pretty much nationwide as stockists which I don't think is really the case.

I've been to the Fosse Park branch today, the weir was empty of plants and water, so maybe they are in the process of changing over.

Very true that. My LFS had plants for sale for as long as I remember and I never paid them much attention until I saw them in a set up with fish and scape.

Sent from my STH100-2 using Tapatalk

Hi all

Funny i was meant to post this last week when i pop in to pet@home to waste some time waiting to my wife in tk max

I went straight to the plant section and was surprised the tank is gone instead there was a new stand with all the vitro plants. Price are more than online but what made me laugh was some plants has melted down to just 2 stem for the same price :lol::lol::lol: if someone didnt know that they would have to pay out alot just for those stems.

Also what is the difference from the mini and the normal one? Oh i see!!! Same price for less for the mini one lol this is too funny

The difference between the rotala :lol:

20170617_174515.jpg

20170617_174924.jpg

Hi all,
All shops selling plants need a decent display tank/aquascape to show them off. Otherwise it is fruitless. Simple as that.
I couldn't agree more, I really think that is the heart of it.

A picture tells a thousand stories.

It will also give people a chance to compare how the fish, in the display tank, look and behave compared to those in the sales tanks.

Names would be useful, or you could have a QR code on the tank that links to an annotated picture of the tank with the names of the plants and fish (common and scientific ideally).

Sometimes even if you know a bit about plants it is difficult to visualize how new plants might look in the tank.

cheers Darrel

Had to call in at my local P@H again today and a new notice had been stuck to their plant weir. It said something like Exciting New Products arriving soon, watch this space and a few Tropica products had been added to a space above the weir.

We've had Tropica in our P@H for years now, I remember going in there 5 years or so ago to find amazing large tropica plants at amazing low prices. Its just a bit hit and miss what plants they have on a week by week basis.

Only issue im seeing is there is no monte carlo in the pictures.

Tropica does MC in their 1-2-Grow line, if enough people request, likely shops will order in the complete 1-2-Grow line :)

That was frustrating, just made a phone call to my local store (irvine) to ask which plants they stock and the guy really was useless, he said we have about 15 varieties so I asked which ones he said they all have latin names and asked if it was a specific plant I was after, I said I am just asking what you stock so I know as I am not sure what to order yet, to be honest he sounded like he just could not be bothered to to try and say the names.

Maybe too embarrassed to try Richard, I know that my attempts at pronouncing the names are horrific :) I have to have a few goes making phonetics sounds/breaking into syllables in my head and even then regularly make a cock of it - all adds to the rush of getting what you want eventually :) How boring would it be asking for a pot of number 42 though?
You tried fleabay -a lot of sellers are offering free delivery and if it's one of the dennerle or tropica range then you can't really got wrong - although it doesn't compare to having your purchase in your hand I suppose.

Anyone noticed if the stores sold tropica soil too? Trying to find somewhere in the UK selling Tropica Soil Powder 9l bags that have it in stock and don't want to rip me off on delivery charges.

Anyone noticed if the stores sold tropica soil too? Trying to find somewhere in the UK selling Tropica Soil Powder 9l bags that have it in stock and don't want to rip me off on delivery charges.

Seeing the picture Tim posted, second left shellf from above.. Looks like they do.. :)

Well spotted but at that price I suspect that's a 1l substrate pouch but is encouraging at least, if they have that maybe they have the others round a corner. Now all I need to do is over come my revulsion at walking into a P@H store.

Back