• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Transparent Tank - the end

Hi Mike,...:) You've surely truly a lot of your time in preparation for this tank. The hardscape looks promising IMHO . In reference to the first picture,..i think you should slant down that big rock on the left further down a little & to the right. The right side looks a bit off to my eyes but then as we all have come to learn,...to each his own preference:lol: What plans do you have for the plant list?

My LFS only had HC, so here goes nothing...
2013-05-20%20at%2021-02-36.jpg

Have never had real success with this before. So here's what I'm trying:
- anchoring with rock wool, as you can see
- pretty big portions, just shoved in by hand with none of that tweezer nonsense
- no fauna
- loads of osmocote in inert substrate (molar clay)
- EI dosing
- CO2 at toxic levels (yellow DC)
- triple dosing home-made excel (gluteraldehyde 3% solution)

And in it goes one side
2013-05-20%20at%2021-42-17.jpg
And the other
2013-05-20%20at%2021-41-49.jpg

That's five pots worth. Will probably make a new filter outlet - cut this one a bit short.

Even though these are crappy photos with no tripod etc, am pleased by the black paint to the sides - much less distracting than the white before. And the plumbing seems to be ok... Fingers crossed. Though if it doesn't take, I'll just replace with hairgrass, which at least I know I can grow.

The end!

11758060216_631d2052c0_b.jpg

11757676584_a6c8571aab_b.jpg

This tank has finally come out of the wall - was just too impractical having it mounted like that, too narrow to 'scape properly, and too hard to photograph! But huge thanks to everyone here on ukaps who helped me go from total novice to someone who vaguely knows what they're doing. And hope this has been useful to people.

But that's not the end of my aquascaping... Here's the next chapter: Matchstick Brink - 36*22*26 | UK Aquatic Plant Society

That link seems to take me to "where to buy in Ireland" thread on tapatalk... Strange

Its fine on my browser though

:)

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

:O this was the first journal i read on here! was great watching the process so a big thank you!... one question... what are you doing about the hole in the wall?

Back