• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Journal The Green Dream _ My Cryptocoryne infested riparium

Looks like your best friend did a good job. The lack of tinkering sometimes is the way to go
True but normally i try to twitch my tank as less as possible.
Everything goes here pretty much automatically when on holiday even feeding.
The only thing my best friend does is grab a beer, checking the system for leakage ,check if the feeding goes right and enjoying the tank 😁

He also checks out if the indoor plants have enough water in their holiday waterballs. Outside plants are taken care of automatically.

Him and and a very nice neighbouring lady are the reason we can go on our holidays every time. We are so glad they are willing to do this and we cherish them.
In exchange we take them out to dinner every year and bring them some local drinks back home and pamper them all year round what good friends do ☺️

The camera is new and gives us an extra piece of mind when there is really something going on.

Last edited:
1000018908.jpg

1000018909.jpg

1000018910.jpg

1000018911.jpg

1000018912.jpg

1000018914.jpg

1000018915.jpg

1000018916.jpg

1000018917.jpg

1000018919.jpg

And look what happens with my Nurii ☺️
1000018913.jpg

The newest leaves are not any more green but they have the desired colouration.

Pretty happy here the big operation prior to our holiday is paying off good and is not having melting crypts troughout my tank!

Nurii is a species I like because once it gets going it can create a beautiful carpet! I got mine before it was commercially available from big companies. It was sold as Cryptocoryne Nurii rose maiden 2 . Originally it didn't do anything until it took off! It also creates spathes for me once or twice a year.

Hi Sarpijk, thanks for the info!
This species i have was labeled Cryptocoryne Nurii var. raubensis 'Rose Maiden' and i got it in invitro.
Never heard of RM2 but you know the things with crypts, so many cultivations!

Never had any luck with the nurii but this time it seems im in luck. Probably due to my extra twinstar lightning which kept it alive and now with the iron saturated soil that gives it the colour.

Back