• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Th3 ashes....

Hi all,
There is a <"certain streak of masochism"> to being an English cricket fan when the Ashes are in Australia, and <"the Gabba"> (and Perth) aren't exactly happy <"hunting grounds"> for English tourists.

Wednesday I turned the radio on at ten to seven, to find that we were already all out. Followed by on Thursday, listening to the commentary of Travis Head century.

Brave decision to bat first against Cummins, Hazelwood and Starc on a green pitch, but this morning my coffee tasted a bit better.

I have this fantasy where <"Jack Leach spins us to victory"> on the last day, after an unbeaten Malan double century, but a loss in four days is a lot more likely.

cheers Darrel

Last edited:
To drop broad and play leach on a green pitch kinda suggests England are going for a movie style comeback ashes claiming victory in the last over of the last test (hopefully with leach hitting cummings for a six).

But it's more likely they just don't know what they are doing as usual.

I am actually barracking for you Brits, wife as well. Reason being there are players in the AU team that should never be allowed to play cricket again after what occured. I think there are a lot of other Aussies with the same thoughts here.
Dirk

It wouldn't be a test match without an England batting collapse.

I hate to say it because its so entertaining but too much one day cricket might be Englands downfall. Its not all about huge individual scores but keeping your wicket. So much more difficult in the cauldren the Aussies put teams under. Coaching the Geoff Boycott way ?

Back