• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Submerse and emerge plants in tropical pond

zanguli-ya-zamba

Seedling
Hello ukaps member,
I wanted to show you some pic of a friend pond where we have started a month or less to grow aquatic plants. This is a test but it s going on the good track. We plan to put every species we have, like that we can stock plant and give space to our tanks and still keeping these species alive.
So lets start :

Here is a part of the pond. This pond is full of mbuna from Malawi.
my7yzyja.jpg

namyve6y.jpg

Some HC emerge form on the right thee is some hemianthus micranthemoid submerge form
uvavuve3.jpg

Here is some fresh HM emerge form.
For these on we have just lay down some stems on the substrate and it has grown directly.
6ybaja5y.jpg

This is some Rotala rotundifolia sp red and it is growing quite far from the water
ze2y9eda.jpg

gyzu8epe.jpg

This one is growing just above the water.
sypu8aza.jpg

On the right you can see a nymphaea pink flower that is close the next pic was taken two hours after
e8ypa3y2.jpg

zube7uvu.jpg

On the other box where you can see that it's empty we start growing :

Glossostigma
Hydrocolite
Lilaeopsis novae zeandiae.
Submerge we have also
Bacopa caro

Next to come :

Ludwigia arcuata
Rotala sp green
Microsorum pteroptus
Microsorum sp
Crypt wendtii green
Crypt undulata
Crypt mioya
And some Anubias

For the crypt I don't know how I will proceed to take a small portion out of the tank and plant them.
We will do it soon I will update it as soon as possible.
Sometimes it's nice to live in Congo, it s so easy to grow in outdoor. Lol

Hope you liked it

Cheers
Zanguli

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi guys
Just a small update, I went to my friend house today here are some pic. The only problem with the new set up is that some plants are far to take pic.

Here is a shot of hemianthus micranthemoid
atyqyju6.jpg

General view
nesatequ.jpg

Rotala sp red
zepe4abe.jpg

A mix of Rotala and hemianthus micranthemoid. For this one we just throw A mix of stem in the pot, without planting it and it grows perfectly. We did the same with other pots and it s ok.
ubu8ydat.jpg

dyry5yqe.jpg

HC in the middle left HM right glosso + Congolese plant.
u5ymynah.jpg

Rotala and HM
ygagazyz.jpg

7y2y2uzu.jpg

u4u9ebaj.jpg

Hi a small update of last Saturday.
We have plant :
Crypt wendii green
Crypt undulata
Rotala rotundifolia sp green
Hydrocolite
Microsorum pteroptus
Microsorum sp narow leaf
Anubia nana

I will took pic of the new batch on next week because now I am at Boma (470 km from Kinshasa). Like I am there I will try to get some mangrove roots for the new scape of my tank.

Here are pictures of plants I have not took last time because I had to cross the pond to take it.

This is ludwigia arcuata it was a stem of 3 cm now it's spreading nicely.

ahe3epy5.jpg

This is HC if you look to the last pic it has grow a lot and it is very very dense ! But I don't know why it's starting to get a bit yellow ??? But at least it's growing well and will fill the whole pot in 3 weeks I think !

6etuju3e.jpg

The glosso after two weeks ! It was two stem and it s taking place nicely in the pot.

ada7ahu8.jpg

A Congolese plant that I had in my tank.

ysudu3eh.jpg

One of the two hydro

qusy7ega.jpg

a5edehan.jpg

HM
ne4eseve.jpg

Cheers guys

Hi Darrel
Thanks for your answer. Tell me , do you think I should make a batch of macros and watering them ? Should I follow EI dose or I do 1/2 EI because it s emerge form ?

Thanks for your explanation

Cheers
Zanguli

Hello
Just a small up date.
The all set up is doing very well !!!
The ludwigia arcuata if flowering now every two days we have like 5 flowers but they die after a day or so.
Here is a shot of a flower unfortunately I arrive a bit late to take the pic only one left ! I should go there the morning

qusa4e6u.jpg

dy2anegu.jpg

If you compare to the last pic you can see that it growing very fast. And this is a 5 days pic so today I will take an other one like that you see the evolution.

tu6e5etu.jpg

pu2yru7e.jpg

abe4a9uz.jpg

he9usa4u.jpg

The HC have almost fill the all pot ! I ll take a pic of it today

Lilaeopsis

8abeva3y.jpg

The Congolese plant that I had in my tank first pic emerge form second submerge form
ujeqy4aj.jpg

age2uhyv.jpg

Now we want to order 20 species of plant ( 6 species of crypt, 3 other Rotala etc...)

I ll keep up date this thread

Cheers

I just have take this picture of Rotala rotundifolia sp red flowers.
Unfortunately I had 1% of battery at this moment and that s the only shot I have for now ! Sorry for the quality but at least you have an idea of it

3enyraqa.jpg

Cheers

Back