• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Strange plant in my aquarium

Scob

Seedling
Hey!

I've got a strange problem with this weird plant on my Hemianthus callitrichoides:

imag0098vn.jpg

Photo made by my mobile phone, so the quality isn't the best, in real colors are deep green, plants are healthy and I don't have any problems with alges. :angelic:

The problem is that I simply can't get rid of it. Every time i try to pull it, I break it.
Yesterday I've tried to draw out every piece of this- you can see the result on the picture... :crazy:

Other plants I have:
Eleocharis parvula
rotala indica
rotala green
heteranthera zosterifolia
anubias batteri
limnophilia aromatica
blyxa japonica
staurogyne sp.
didiplis diandra
hygrophilia polysperma

I don't even know where it cames from, but I suspect it was on rotala green when I bought it and planted in my aquarium.

Any suggestions/ideas what it could be? :geek:

Feel free to take it :D

Even uncle google doesn't know what it is, I'm trying to find the answer with no results. This forum and APC are my last chances, so I belive in you! :p

Hi all,
It's utricularia gibba.
I think it is, you get it a lot in with plants from Singapore. I like it, but you need to let it grow into a sub-surface wodge before it will flower. Since I took this picture it has flowered in most of my tanks. <http://www.ukaps.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16782>. I've never tried to get rid of mine, but I believe that it is difficult to eradicate.

cheers Darrel

I think its a TRIFFID...be afraid, LOL. Actually it gives a nice break from the uniformity of the carpet. I like it :)

dw1305 nice photos. Letting it grow up to the surface will be a kind of a problem- my tank is 20 inches high and U. Gibba grows in foreground, so it wouldn't look very good.I will try to plant it outside the aquarium :) .

PS I'm struggling with it using my comb- can be used as a small rake :D .

Antipofish Thanks, but it really doesn't look so well from a distance.

Back