• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Songs from the Man Cave!

Hi all,
can I suggest Mr frogbit... feel free to step forward @dw1305
I actually have a Frogbit song already, I sing it to them in the morning while I'm <"drinking my black coffee"> and contemplating the pointlessness of existence.

"I Love you more than you will ever know".

If I ever leave you, You can say I told you so!
And if I ever hurt you, You know I hurt myself as well!
Is that any way for a man to carry on,
Do you think I want my loved one gone,
Said I love you, More than you'll ever know, More than you'll ever know! ............

cheers Darrel

Last edited:
Im pinballing around the map musically lately with having free reign of the radio at work.

Bob vylan to remind me punk ain’t dead and with a more overt analysis than Idles.

Every time I die have long been my my favourite band and when the new record announced “we’re living in a golden age of bast ards” I was sold.

Did you know country music got good about 3 years ago? Me neither. This Roy Orbison sounding voice had me hooked.

Then just a couple from the vaults that always deserve a spin on a crisp February morning.

Hi all,

"I feel love" is still amazing, younger listeners probably won't appreciate just how far <"out there"> it was in 1977.

cheers Darrel
Yes its hard to comprehend that this song is 45yrs old. No wonder Giorgio Moroder is dubbed as the father of disco, personally I'd suggest he's the father of modern dance music.

My brain does not gel with Jazz, it has a dramatic effect on me that is so severe that I would rather stick red hot pins in my eyes than listen to big band jazz!
I could maybe just about cope with 5 seconds of classical guitar jazz but I would probably suffer for a few days afterwards ……

My brain does not gel with Jazz, it has a dramatic effect on me that is so severe that I would rather stick red hot pins in my eyes than listen to big band jazz!
I could maybe just about cope with 5 seconds of classical guitar jazz but I would probably suffer for a few days afterwards ……

Jazz is the only music where the musicians on stage have more fun than the audience.

I wana Kiss Myself!

I love camp fire songs, easy listening fun songs that folk can join in with and have a laugh … basically the exact opposite of jazz.
I like simple catchy tunes that are easy to play (very important in my case)
Definition on a rock star = three chords and 50k audience.
Definition of a Jazz player = 50 chords and three people audience.

As an old punk and a poor guitar player I believe that 3 chords are the sign of a maestro.
Nowadays though I seem to be listening to more unplugged (acoustic) rock than anything else and I still like live gigs even at my age.
Last week I went to a pub in Essex and saw a couple of people from my old band playing live, now that turned into a good evening!

I am not really a huge fan of bluegrass but even that genre has some great campfire songs like ‘Whiskey before Breakfast’ even the name is fun and the lyrics are really amusing.
This is a great mandolin version and sung by an talented irishman …..

Back