• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Snail removal

daffy the duck survivor

My question is this I've read many different ways to get rid of snails on new plants such as hydrogen peroxide and bleach etc my question is how about copper due to the fact that copper is totally toxic to snails and invertebrates anyway would that not be more efficient and healthier for the plant itself and if not what are the reasons it would not be

Hi
Indeed, Copper is highly toxic to inverts....therefore if you purchase plants dipped in a Copper snail eradication solution and add those plants to a Shrimp aquarium the Shrimp will perish through Copper toxicity!

Hi all,
You can use sparkling <"carbonated (soda) water">, it contains <"a vast amount of CO2"> and will kill most animals.
My question is this I've read many different ways to get rid of snails on new plants such as hydrogen peroxide and bleach etc my question is how about copper due to the fact that copper is totally toxic to snails and invertebrates anyway would that not be more efficient and healthier for the plant itself and if not what are the reasons it would not be
You really answered your own question, copper (Cu) isn't highly toxic to plants (at low levels), but it is to invertebrates.

I'll put my card on the table straight away, I'm a <"pest snail fan">, but nearly all the treatments to kill snails are much more dangerous and damaging than the snails are.

cheers Darrel

Last edited:
Get a few assassins, they will gradually reduce the pest snail population
Or a piece of weighted netting with lettuce/courgette bait, leave it until snails are munching (overnight ?), remove and dispose of snails

Back