• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Shrimp Rack build.....

Hi Nath - sorry not been on for a while. That's the downside to having a multiple tank set up.......maintenance!

I'll get some updates posted at the weekend......lots of babies knocking around just now :)

Nice one mike! Not looking to move any on? :D

Yeah, probably! I have far too many PRL / kk hybrids right now.....probably in the region of 100 which is a few more than I need for my little breeding experiments right now :)

Yeah, probably! I have far too many PRL / kk hybrids right now.....probably in the region of 100 which is a few more than I need for my little breeding experiments right now :)

Send me some pics and prices if you can :D

<3

No problem Nath - I'll put some pics up tomorrow [nipping out for a shandy just now!]

eea7347a-2596-4338-849d-bfe5ea180983_zps86f723cc.jpg

The hybrids look just like little crs / cbs. I made sure they came from good parents though so they are really nicely marked, and they are F1 generation so should get good percentage of shadows from any offspring they have. The shadow mum they came from is a blue panda, dad was a lovely hino PRL.

No problem Nath - I'll put some pics up tomorrow [nipping out for a shandy just now!]

The hybrids look just like little crs / cbs. I made sure they came from good parents though so they are really nicely marked, and they are F1 generation so should get good percentage of shadows from any offspring they have. The shadow mum they came from is a blue panda, dad was a lovely hino PRL.

That's be great mate! Awaiting the snaps :)

Have a good night pal

Some PRL babies from the shrimp introduced earlier in the year. They are breeding quite well, and the tank is now full of juv and also baby shrimp.

IMG_3063_zps5ad0bd82.jpg

IMG_3110_zpsb3f84ddc.jpg

Very pleased with the results from these so far. Shadow update to follow on seperate post..........

Some PRL babies from the shrimp introduced earlier in the year. They are breeding quite well, and the tank is now full of juv and also baby shrimp.

Very pleased with the results from these so far. Shadow update to follow on seperate post..........

Looking unreal Mike, Any Ideas where to source good PRL's like these?

Well, I got mine from Dane @ Hobbyshrimp. I know he's a fanantical hobbiest, that's a bit OCD on quality so it was an easy choice for me! This is my favourite PRL male at the moment:-

IMG_2274_zps3dadfc36.jpg

Ed from FWS also has some great PRL too :)

Well, I got mine from Dane @ Hobbyshrimp. I know he's a fanantical hobbiest, that's a bit OCD on quality so it was an easy choice for me! This is my favourite PRL male at the moment:-

IMG_2274_zps3dadfc36.jpg

Ed from FWS also has some great PRL too :)

WOW!

That's amazing. I never see him around anymore? How much are we talking for a male like that? Have the prices changed From a few years ago? As PRL have become a little more common.

Cheers
N

Dane is very much still around, probably just mad busy shipping out shrimp! Drop him an email I'm sure he'd be happy to give some advice on which PRL to try. Some lines are famous for their intense white, others for their bright red bands. Then you move into leg colour, clean breaks between red and white etc, etc. Some great shrimp out there at the moment.......go get em!!

A couple of shadow panda offspring, growing up nicely now and hopefully they will make it to adulthood:-

IMG_3176_zps7a90d5eb.jpg

Also had some lovely hino marked shadow babies, but they won't pose for the camera!

Do you get any pandas when you cross a prl with a panda? Why don't you breed panda to panda, do they have a lower survival rate? Do babies from 2 hybrids have a higher survival rate than panda x prl? Enquiring minds want to know....

Sorry for so many questions Mike!

Hi Lindy - PRL x panda = F1 hybrid but no panda in the first batch. However they do carry the panda gene. When those f1 breed you will get some panda in the offspring.

I crossed PRL x panda as I wanted to try and carry over some of the PRL markings into my
Shadow (Taiwan bees). Rather than just a random lottery of shadow marking. Seems to have worked too :)

Shadow x shadow (or Taiwan bee) = 100% shadow in my experience. Shadow do seem to have slightly higher needs in terms of O2 and filtration and I've certainly seen some improvement since adding an external canister to my shadow tank.

Shrimp in the image are PRL though :)

I didn't expect a kind of Spanish Inquisition.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Back