• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Show your orchids!

Mine have come out with some beautiful purple flowers... it just seems to go on forever!
a52a41a9953f04c87a7aa34de79a5895.jpg
4d8dc0ce09dd7b710b1c40bb3ac648e0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all,
.......another strange Hippeastrum.
Another one, this one lives in the kitchen and the flowers only last about four days in good condition. It doesn't really show on the photo, but the tepals are really thick and substantial/

I don't know what variety it is, it was a remaindered bulb, bought after christmas in the supermarket. I've had it for ~10 years, and it has had to put up with a fair bit of neglect (and being eaten by Large Narcissus Bulb fly).

hippeastrum3.JPG

cheers Darrel

Cor

Being a Show Manager for a very large Orchid Society for many years I must have seen 100s of beautiful Orchids and never any thing like those. I can assure you they would never be allowed to be either on show or Judged.

Sorry I would never have them in our home, the wife was looking over my shoulder and said the same thing.

Keith:wave::wave:

Back