• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Shallow - The Future?

Hi George / everyone this is really interesting and after reading this it something that I would love to know more about because I think it look great in a living room or office. I got a few questions so I'm really sorry if they seem dumb lol sorry in advance.
You said you "you can run lower lighting than usual to achieve nice carpets and/or compact plant growth" so what lighting would you go for something like this Arcadia Classica 150W Metal Halide Pendant Light or would this be a over kill?
As for the water circulation could you get away with running just lily pipes or just a spray bar? and no power heads even with C02? And while on the subject of C02 could you run it in a tank like this or would there be to much C02 evaporation. I know the size of this tank is 60x 80x30cms but could you do one say 60x60x30cm and still get the same benefits of the 60x80x30 with the depth and ect ?
Again sorry for all the questions :thumbup:
Jon

Jon1706 said:
so what lighting would you go for something like this Arcadia Classica 150W Metal Halide Pendant Light or would this be a over kill?

not really. you could have a 400w bulb if it was physically suspended high enough. I've run a 150MH over a 60L with no issues what so ever.

Mark Evans said:
Jon1706 said:
so what lighting would you go for something like this Arcadia Classica 150W Metal Halide Pendant Light or would this be a over kill?

not really. you could have a 400w bulb if it was physically suspended high enough. I've run a 150MH over a 60L with no issues what so ever.

Except the environment ;)

keep checking to see if pics have been posted yet for this...

i'm putting a bit away each week to buy one of these and going to diy a cabinet for it with diy suspended light rig. cant wait to see what george has done here!

Man love and plant love all in the same photo :)

seminar1-9206_jpg_820_100_forcewidth.jpg

Some seriously good photo's and tanks in that gallery, navigation is a bit weird though.

I'm not so sure they'll take off. Not in a huge way at least. The dimensions remind me of those coffee table tanks that everyone used to slag off!!!

I wonder if the coffee tables will re-appear on mass if these sort of dimensions do become popular?

AC

Anyone have a link on were you would even think about buying one of these tank, they look amazing.

Back