• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Scatter gravel suggestions

Worshiper

I am no aquascaper but i finally managed to scape something I am happy to view so Im gonna keep it. 🙂 .. in my mind i wanted the main stone to showcase a rhino horn..
I want to add more scatter gravel which I have similar to ones i just tried out for the pic in the front but it looks rubbish.
Any ideas on how should I place the scatter gravel other than just scattering it around like the name suggests? 🤭

Excuse the dirty tank glass and poor photography. Its the cleanest its ever been honestly 🤣
20231218_204633.jpg

Thanks Castle. I got similar ones. I just dont know how to scatter them to make it look more natural. 🙂
Assuming you're going to add plants I wouldn't worry too much about that bit... soon enough it will look natural. For now I would just spread the scatter stones out - perhaps more towards the front of the tank...

Otherwise I like what you got cooking... :)

Cheers,
Michael

Hi all,
I want to add more scatter gravel which I have similar to ones i just tried out for the pic in the front
Can you get some dark coloured, rounded (water washed) gravel or pebbles - <"GRADED GRAVELS, INCREASING SIZES - CONTRASTING">?

You might be able to <"PYO"> from a local stream (or beach) or get them from a Garden Centre etc. In terms of placement larger nearer the main rocks and smaller nearer the front, but not too ordered.

I think @Tim Harrison has a journal? somewhere? with natural looking gravel placement*.

Edit: Found it <"High-energy soil-substrate layout - updated"> .

cheers Darrel

Back