• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Scape corner

@Geoffrey Rea Dont like floating plants to be honest but I do appreciate there help with the filter having a good established bacteria column
And the plants in now way being fledgling and only running low co2 so not force growing as such no soil and only dosing the water column do you think it will take a month for the system to stabilise
Cheers
J

No soil at all and I can put live stock in when I find what I want going to my fav fish shop next week

I hope it will be plane sailing mate

Ok so been a while but all is looking good the 800 is slow going but that's what I wanted got all live stock in now 9 lovely lil cory julli 30 kubotai 5 red racing snails and 100 yellow shrimp
15798083495637383292769733372001.jpg
and the 45 p is growing in really well just how I had planned and that is unusual for me Haha a couple of lil bba issues but they will be sorted this weekend hopefully
15798084888818133602277947370049.jpg
the 60p is waiting to be rescaped still full of shrimp and a few fish that will soon be reused in my sons tank he loves getting new fish lol not.going to post a pic of it cause it is dirty and not nice but it will all be good at some.stage

Thanks for reading
Happy scaping

Last edited:
So today is the day the 60p is coming down cleaned and rescaped want another iwagumi I vision rolling hills covered in lush green with a shore and path way mosses and a few stems at the back corners Haha let's see how it goes first job the colony of yellow shrimp now the tank is empty of plants and rocks
15800336227527721029794859269354.jpg
godd I love my gal she is always up for shrimp catching more to.follow

Do you find that the light coverage on the 800 is sufficient as most lighting fixtures tend to be made for the 600 or 900mm? Is it a custom made tank?

In an ideal world the light would be an 800 but to be honest the 10 cm either side dont really make much difference as its hung means it can be a little higher and you get a good spread from it if any thing I would want it to be the 600s not the 600e but it wasnt out when I brought it and I am not that bothered about changing it as it's a island there is nothing either side that requires the light it's not custom made bought fits the stand perfectly and it was so easy to hang the light

J

So tank is clean
A great tip for a good tank cleaning
A womens orange stick with nail cleaning pads really gets in to the corners and dont harm the silicone as the wood goes soft and dont push in to the silicone work the little the lil pads just pull the dirt right out
15800445242776841643541210223341.jpg

Thanks guys wasnt what I had intended but I'm really.bappy with the way its turned out let's see how it goes

Scaping is an organic process, and changes as we go. You can plan as much as possible, but until you actually start you just don't know if you like it.
I set up my IAPLC tank, with just an idea and it evolved and changed as I experimented with the Plants I had to hand to use.

Agreed Gill I reused plants from previous scape it does evolve as the process goes on and you find what looks good to your eye at the time and I think that is my favourite part of it to be honest

J

All done let me know what you think had a lil land slide back right but I think it makes it look more natural .

Back