• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ruby Tetra (Axelrodia riesei)

Hi all,

They are a bit <"aesthetically challenged">. It is only when you have them in a tank that you get a close-up.
View attachment 218710

This next link isn't <"for the squeamish">, but apparently not as uncommon as it should be <"https://www.dwi.gov.uk/consumers/learn-more-about-your-water/animals-in-drinking-water/">.

cheers Darrel

😱😱😱 Geez Darrel, I am going to declare Friday happy hour (cocktail hour - what you call tea time) right now even though it's only 2:45 pm here in Minnesota. :lol:

@Tim Harrison can you add a forum rule that discourage postings leading into the weekend, that will ruin sensitive members sleep ! :lol:

... just kidding of course.

Cheers,
Michael

Last edited:
Hi all,
In the glimpses I get of them they look quite plump.
I'm still seeing (at least three) of them on a fairly (ir)regular basis, they look in good condition and are nice and red.

I'll try and get a photo, but they usually only appear if there is some live food on offer and they never get too close to one another, as soon as the "minimum distance" is reached, one (or both) disappear back into the jungle.

cheers Darrel

Last edited:
Back