• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Royal Mail

Evri are the worst. A lot f deliveries go missing in transit, and in our area they once hired someone who has been sacked by their previous employer for….stealing parcels. On his 3rd day at Evri he claimed to have delivered everything on his van, but nicked the lot.
My Parcel was delivered the following day....which I knew would happen!

I regularly get a message stating
“Sorry we were unable to deliver your parcel, we will attempt to deliver tomorrow”, this is for 24hr tracked deliveries
Should obviously read
We couldn’t be arsed to deliver your parcel today, we will deliver it tomorrow, if we feel like it

The knock on effect is that the government can’t afford to fund local councils properly. Local councils then have to put up taxes to stay afloat. We then find ourselves in the situation where we are paying more tax so local councils can employ more people to administer tax increases. Meanwhile public services continue to fail. The whole situation strikes me as somewhat ironic and perverse?
This is the point. There was a time when everything was centralised. Then, it was diversified locally. Net/net, the same (albeit different channels) money comes in, and it's not enough - or it's misspent.

This thread, in no way, should turn into a conversation about democracy and capitalism. Nope. No siree Bob. Because we all know it works, we all signed up for them - and we vote for it. :D

(If anyone quotes Noam Chomsky ....). :D:D:D

This is the point. There was a time when everything was centralised. Then, it was diversified locally. Net/net, the same (albeit different channels) money comes in, and it's not enough - or it's misspent.

This thread, in no way, should turn into a conversation about democracy and capitalism. Nope. No siree Bob. Because we all know it works, we all signed up for them - and we vote for it. :D

(If anyone quotes Noam Chomsky ....). :D:D:D
Is that irony?

Back